Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Dry Eyes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:02 pm
My 2 year old son has been making weird twitches with his eyes lately. When I asked him what he’s doing he told me it’s burning. I watched him throughout the day and I see that he still does it. Can it possibly be from allergies?
It just started a few days ago and I noticed my insanely dry eyes have also been bothering me these few days. Is there anything I can do for him? While I’m at it I had to stop wearing lenses due to dry eyes but don’t see that it’s much better without lenses anything to do?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:01 am
Drops
Ointment
Also
Thedryeyeshop.com

Ellie7

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:28 am
For you, you can get your tear ducts plugged—it sounds much scarier than it is. It's a teeny procedure the doctor does in the office and takes like 5 minutes. I don't think they'd do that for a toddler, though.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 1:24 am
For dry eyes (not allergy-specific, just in general) I was told to get eye drops that are free of preservatives, rather than containing them. I can't remember why, but I was told they're the better option...

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:53 am
It's been a very mild winter where I live so my oldest DD who always suffers badly from seasonal allergies is already exhibiting symptoms. We don't usually worry about it until March at the earliest but she may need to start on her medications sooner rather than later this year.

Would your 2 year old allow you to put eye drops in or would that be such a struggle that it's not worth it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:58 am
Thanks for your suggestions. Never tired drops he may let but can any drops be used for toddlers?
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics