Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My 6yo is lying
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:10 am
OP, in the future, if you are worried about a child overdosing on anything, even if it's vitamin C, please call Poison Control ASAP!

You can tell DD that if she takes too may pills, gummies, whatever that she might have to go to the hospital, and that's why Mommy has to be in charge of how many she gets.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:42 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
As a child I used to get scared of my mother b/c she got angry very quickly about anything and you never knew what it could be about. I would throw my sandwich in the bin eg and she would find it and I would say I PROMISE I PROMISE I DIDN'T. I knew very well I was lying but I was so scared of her finding out that I would try to get out of it.

I'm not saying that OP is this angry scary mother but it could be that you are a drop on top of her as it sounded from your post, that you had to count the bears and ask her and check etc.. You smelled something sweet. Ok why does it have to be an issue? There are enough things to tell a child off about when you can ignore just ignore unless it's something dangerous or needs to be said.
it's something that has been going on for a while and I ignored it mostly. I did talk to her about the importance of talking the truth but that was it. In this case I was pushy because she was already in pajamas to go in bed and I was worried about how much vitamins she took. I didn't call poison control because I knew it wasn't a lot. But I wanted to know if it will effect her sleep. Which vitamins btw do. I never give her vitamins in the afternoon for that reason and she is a very light sleeper as it is.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics