Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Costume picture tips

flowergirl10

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:08 pm
I want to take a picture of my toddler in his costume before Purim to put in Shalach manos.
Any tips to make the pics turn out well?
I would really love to do outdoors but it dosnt look like we’re getting any nice weather soon...

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:16 pm
I usually have my kids sit on the couch. One year a professional photographer offered to take pictures of costumes for mishloach manos for a nominal donation to a tzedaka--which was SO amazing because that year I needed it to be a full-family picture in a specific pose and I don't like ANYONE to know my costume before Purim (at least this person was not on my shalach manos list so I didn't care as much). Perhaps someone will read this and do it again for others as I thought it was a GREAT idea (I felt bad b/c it seems the year she did this it wasn't well publicized and it was a few weeks before Purim, and the weather wasn't great that day, so could be not enough people were ready but it was SUCH a GOOD idea).

Last edited by miami85 on Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 12:22 pm
Hi,
I'm starting out in baby/kid photography and would love to get my name out there by taking pics of your kids in their costume! I don't have much of an indoor setup as I live in a basement but PM me and maybe we can do something outdoors if the weather is nice. I live in Flatbush btw.

flowergirl10

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 4:41 pm
Thanks I don’t live in Brooklyn but very kind of you to offer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics