Home

Is it possible...
1, 2  Next

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

fleetwood

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:02 pm
to criticize the President without being accused of having tds...I find it offensive and frankly idiotic.

Jeanette

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:06 pm
No, it's not possible.

It is so indisputably obvious that he's the greatest president in US history that anyone who cannot recognize it can only be suffering from a mental ailment.

All the rabbonim agree!

fleetwood

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:12 pm
Jeanette wrote:
No, it's not possible.

It is so indisputably obvious that he's the greatest president in US history that anyone who cannot recognize it can only be suffering from a mental ailment.

All the rabbonim agree!

Greatest ever is a bit of hyperbole. Wonder what Washington, Jefferson,and Lincoln would say to that...

Jeanette

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:17 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Greatest ever is a bit of hyperbole. Wonder what Washington, Jefferson,and Lincoln would say to that...

You're just letting your irrational hate show.

fleetwood

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:24 pm
Jeanette wrote:
You're just letting your irrational hate show.

Oy! Those three words...

Jeanette

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:26 pm
Happy Adar!

fleetwood

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:28 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Happy Adar!

Actually it's both my Hebrew and English birthday on the 26th. I bless all of us with health and peace!!!

PinkFridge

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:36 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Actually it's both my Hebrew and English birthday on the 26th. I bless all of us with health and peace!!!

Amein!
(Love, the thread's token Republican?)

malki2

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:39 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Happy 38th!

Jeanette

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:47 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Mazel tov. That's a very nice birthday to have.

PinkFridge

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:03 pm
malki2 wrote:
Happy 38th!

Or 57th Very Happy
Does it only happen X 19.

tryinghard

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:10 pm
fleetwood wrote:
to criticize the President without being accused of having tds...I find it offensive and frankly idiotic.

I hope I’m not bringing down an upbeat thread here with a serious answer.
I would say that it certainly is possible.

BUT
1) it depends who your audience is. There are those who will definitely take any whiff of negative opinion about POTUS or his policies as rabid irrational hatred
2) it also depends on the specific criticism, and the intellectual honesty or dishonesty shown. There are some criticisms that are just way beyond a normal standard.

This kind of thing goes both ways, by the way (see caveat 1). I am a very strong Trump supporter. DH is a “Trump can do no wrong” guy - and this comes up from time to time. I find it a little irritating that DH has no good answer to “Is there anything Trump could do that would bother you?”. DH is highly intelligent. But in his opinion, Trump is a genius at what he is doing. All of his moves turn out to be brilliant. And his tweets trolling the left are just amazing. Etc etc. He has Trump Adoration Syndrome 😂 and I view it as just as irrational as TDS.

b.chadash

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:51 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Happy birthday!

b.chadash

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:54 pm
tryinghard wrote:
I hope I’m not bringing down an upbeat thread here with a serious answer.
I would say that it certainly is possible.

BUT
1) it depends who your audience is. There are those who will definitely take any whiff of negative opinion about POTUS or his policies as rabid irrational hatred
2) it also depends on the specific criticism, and the intellectual honesty or dishonesty shown. There are some criticisms that are just way beyond a normal standard.

This kind of thing goes both ways, by the way (see caveat 1). I am a very strong Trump supporter. DH is a “Trump can do no wrong” guy - and this comes up from time to time. I find it a little irritating that DH has no good answer to “Is there anything Trump could do that would bother you?”. DH is highly intelligent. But in his opinion, Trump is a genius at what he is doing. All of his moves turn out to be brilliant. And his tweets trolling the left are just amazing. Etc etc. He has Trump Adoration Syndrome 😂 and I view it as just as irrational as TDS.

This is very perceptive. And it makes sense. The more irrational one side is, the more pushback there is from the other side.

Jeanette

Post  Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:11 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Or 57th Very Happy

Doesn't work for me.

I was born in a leap year and I think that messes it up.

malki2

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 5:25 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Or 57th Very Happy

Yes.

fleetwood

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:13 am
malki2 wrote:
Happy 38th!

I wish!!!

fleetwood

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:14 am
malki2 wrote:
Yes.

Nope..not 57 yet!!

Rappel

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:15 am
fleetwood wrote:

Amen!

fleetwood

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:15 am
It doesn't only happen every 19 years..I'm proof of that.. perhaps Bec I'm a February baby!
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h