Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:09 am
malki2 wrote:
Wow. So the big Five-O then!

Nooooooo

keym

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:02 am
fleetwood wrote:
Nooooooo

Are we playing Guess the Age? What's the prize?
Happy birthday.

fleetwood

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:37 am
I'm 49! Yikes!

DrMom

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:01 am
fleetwood wrote:
to criticize the President without being accused of having tds...I find it offensive and frankly idiotic.

Of course ALL criticism of our President is not indicative of TDS.

But knee-jerk lashing out at the POTUS for minor offenses, especially when pest presidents or other officials (esp those affiliated with another political party) committed the same offenses with nary a peep, do indicate an irrational bias.

Also, the constant need to steer every conversation toward something negative about the POTUS is symptomatic of an unhealthy negative obsession with Donald Trump.

Many celebrities,who happily hobnobbed with Donald Trump before he ran for office, are afflicted with this syndrome.

Laiya

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:15 am
fleetwood wrote:
to criticize the President without being accused of having tds...I find it offensive and frankly idiotic.

There's reasoned criticism, and then there's use of adjectives that convey disgust and are intended to be inflammatory. Those comments add nothing to the conversation, either (to politely rephrase your verbiage).

Last edited by Laiya on Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

malki2

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:20 am
fleetwood wrote:
I'm 49! Yikes!

Darn, I meant 49, I just read the wrong year on the calendar. Do I get a price for coming in the closest? Interesting about the phenomenon occurring other than every 19 years.

fleetwood

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:38 am
malki2 wrote:
Darn, I meant 49, I just read the wrong year on the calendar. Do I get a price for coming in the closest? Interesting about the phenomenon occurring other than every 19 years.

Sure! I'll send u a virtual kiss!!

Jeanette

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:02 am
Does the 19 year rule work? I checked my 19th birthday and my Hebrew and English bday were 1 day apart. On my 38th birthday they were 2 days apart.

keym

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:08 am
Jeanette wrote:
Does the 19 year rule work? I checked my 19th birthday and my Hebrew and English bday were 1 day apart. On my 38th birthday they were 2 days apart.

Officially it's supposed to work.
However, there's the Jewish calendar begins at night business that complicated calculations.
Also Feb 29.

malki2

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 10:14 am
keym wrote:
Officially it's supposed to work.
However, there's the Jewish calendar begins at night business that complicated calculations.
Also Feb 29.

If I remember correctly, my 19th was 1 day off, but my 38th was on the same day.

princessleah

Post  Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:57 am
Honestly, the first time I heard the phrase "Trump derangement syndrome" I thought it applied to all the people that thought he was doing a great job and would still vote for him if he shot someone on 5th Avenue.

So that's how I still define it to myself. :-)

Goldie613

Post  Mon, Mar 02 2020, 11:11 am
fleetwood wrote:

I think if we all remember to criticize (or comment on) actual policies or platforms, as opposed to the person behind them, a lot of this bashing would fall away.

Example - immigration (yeah, I know, I couldn't start with something milder?). Instead of saying that "so and so is terrible/stupid/wonderful/brilliant" , what if we did something outdated, like, oh I don't know, discussing the issues as issues. So, comment on how this country was built on immigrants and it's immoral of us to turn our backs on others' suffering OR on how there are limited resources here and security matters need to be considered as well. See? Two different sides, and no politicians names were even mentioned.

chanatron1000

Post  Mon, Mar 02 2020, 12:25 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Greatest ever is a bit of hyperbole. Wonder what Washington, Jefferson,and Lincoln would say to that...

Washington and Jefferson had slaves. Lincoln once said “I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races.”
If we hold them and Trump to the same standards, Trump is better, at least in some ways.

b.chadash

Post  Mon, Mar 02 2020, 1:23 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
I think if we all remember to criticize (or comment on) actual policies or platforms, as opposed to the person behind them, a lot of this bashing would fall away.

Example - immigration (yeah, I know, I couldn't start with something milder?). Instead of saying that "so and so is terrible/stupid/wonderful/brilliant" , what if we did something outdated, like, oh I don't know, discussing the issues as issues. So, comment on how this country was built on immigrants and it's immoral of us to turn our backs on others' suffering OR on how there are limited resources here and security matters need to be considered as well. See? Two different sides, and no politicians names were even mentioned.

I agree with this proposal. However, it ignores the fact that people vote on more than just issues and policies. Many, if not most, people also take into account character, personality and personal morality of candidates.
The history books do not only discuss how the kings and presidents ruled, but also what they were like as people.
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h