Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
My DH has been hiding this for a while and I don't know WTD.
1  2  3  Next

Ihatepotatoes

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:28 pm
So lately my husband has been acting very strange, like he's hiding something. When I tried talking to him about it, he would always push me off and not want to discuss it. This Shabbos, we were discussing how one of his cousins wrote a book about courage, and what courage meant, and he mentioned that he wished he had the courage to come clean to me about something, but he didn't have the guts. Anyway, I told him that we could make a time to discuss this, and I won't judge him for whatever it is. Shouldn't have made that caveat, but silly me. Last night, he put the kids to bed early, got a babysitter, and went to a local diner, where he said he wants to confess to something awful.

Turns out he's secretly become a healthy eater, specifically a quinoa lover, cooking it late at night when I'm sleeping and sneaking out at night to the local supermarket to buy himself some. I thought something was amiss when he turned down those chips, but it's true. He doesn't eat nosh any longer, requested a salad at the restaurant, and begged off a recent trip of his coworkers to the Ice Cream House. I'm so confused and don't know what to do, should he see a therapist?
My children are noticing and one even asked for sliced peppers for dessert "Like Tatty". It's a terrible example for my kids, I don't want them to have a repressed childhood.

Can my gastronomically derelict husband ever regain his deleterious eating habits back, or am I doomed to having a *shudder* healthy family?

Last edited by Ihatepotatoes on Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sebastian

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:33 pm
Very Happy lol

This should be the worst and hardest thing to ever happen to you!

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:43 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
So lately my husband has been acting very strange, like he's hiding something. When I tried talking to him about it, he would always push me off and not want to discuss it. This Shabbos, we were discussing how one of his cousins wrote a book about courage, and what courage meant, and he mentioned that he wished he had the courage to come clean to me about something, but he didn't have the guts. Anyway, I told him that we could make a time to discuss this, and I won't judge him for whatever it is. Shouldn't have made that caveat, but silly me. Last night, he put the kids to bed early, got a babysitter, and went to a local diner, where he said he want's to confess to something awful.

Turns out he's secretly become a healthy eater, specifically a quinoa lover, cooking it late at night when I'm sleeping and sneaking out at night to the local supermarket to buy himself some. I thought something was amiss when he turned down those chips, but it's true. He doesn't eat nosh any longer, requested a salad at the restaurant, and begged off a recent trip of his coworkers to the Ice Cream House. I'm so confused and don't know what to do, should he see a therapist?
My children are noticing and one even asked for sliced peppers for dessert "Like Tatty". It's a terrible example for my kids, I don't want them to have a repressed childhood.

Can my gastronomically derelict husband ever regain his deleterious eating habits back, or am I doomed to having a *shudder* healthy family?

Are you for real???
Maybe you need a therapist, not your husband.
Your kids won't have a represses childhood by eating healthy by choice.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:52 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Very Happy lol

This should be the worst and hardest thing to ever happen to you!

But what if he starts liking broccoli? What then? I was thinking of slipping unhealthy food into his healthy stuff, like serving him carrot muffins with 4 cups of sugar, but he saw right through me... What shall I do?? Surprised

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:52 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
But what if he starts liking broccoli? What then? I was thinking of slipping unhealthy food into his healthy stuff, like serving him carrot muffins with 4 cups of sugar, but he saw right through me... What shall I do?? Surprised

Ok, it looks like you're starting with the purim spirit, am I right?

Ihatepotatoes

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:58 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Ok, it looks like you're starting with the purim spirit, am I right?

Yes, 'tis Rosh chodesh Adar after all...

dovebird

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 9:59 pm
How could you hate potatoes and be anti healthy??? Fries? Potato chips?!? Potatoes are the best carb!

Ihatepotatoes

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:00 pm
dovebird wrote:
How could you hate potatoes and be anti healthy??? Fries? Potato chips?!? Potatoes are the best carb!

I changed my SN a bit before Pesach last year..

imasinger

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:00 pm
He can join my DH! He was thin to begin with, but now is positively slender. I'm the one who needs to lose 25 pounds, but he's the one on a keto diet.

What's a poor woman who likes hamentaschen to do?!

pizza4

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:01 pm
You're hysterical! Love it.

Just pour some sugary sauce over the broccoli and green beans.
Serve several bowls, one of quinoa, one of white rice and one pasta so it can confuse him.

Better stock up on chips.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:09 pm
Make the world's best chocolate chip cookies (not the name of a recipe, just give it your best) and freeze it in a pan that says brussel sprouts.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:18 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Make the world's best chocolate chip cookies (not the name of a recipe, just give it your best) and freeze it in a pan that says brussel sprouts.

And feed it to him in the dark... I like this....

itsmeima

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:57 pm
Thanks for the good laugh 😅

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:58 pm
I feel triggered. Please stop using the word quinoa or I will be forced to eat glazed donuts. Not disgusting sprinkle/wax ones like your avatar. The yetzer horah obviously got ahold of your account.. Sheesh!

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:01 pm
And a very easy way to kill off your... I'm sorry. A very easy way to get calories secretly into food is to add butter/margarine to everything! Even an avocado. Even to cream cheese. I say a recipe for "an aioli" (another word for calories) on BRUSSEL SPROUTS! G-d save us all..

penguin

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:05 pm
Foodie should know!

Ihatepotatoes

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:14 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
And a very easy way to kill off your... I'm sorry. A very easy way to get calories secretly into food is to add butter/margarine to everything! Even an avocado. Even to cream cheese. I say a recipe for "an aioli" (another word for calories) on BRUSSEL SPROUTS! G-d save us all..

Tell me more... I also need to know if it's ok to lie to him about winning a 1000 dollar gift certificate to the local greasy food joint, and to force him to eat that for a month...

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:21 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
Tell me more... I also need to know if it's ok to lie to him about winning a 1000 dollar gift certificate to the local greasy food joint, and to force him to eat that for a month...

Obviously you can lie for Shalom Bayis! It seems almost critical to do that! And another easy way to sneak in calories? Milk shakes! Heavy cream, ice cream, flavoring, butter and peanut butter in ONE 24 ounce drink!! Put the cherry on top and add red food coloring so you can call it a strawberry smoothie. It should go over (and out) really well.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:23 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Obviously you can lie for Shalom Bayis! It seems almost critical to do that! And another easy way to sneak in calories? Milk shakes! Heavy cream, ice cream, flavoring, butter and peanut butter in ONE 24 ounce drink!! Put the cherry on top and add red food coloring so you can call it a strawberry smoothie. It should go over (and out) really well.

Oy, but he insists on green milk...

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:25 pm
Deep fry EVERYTHING!! Salami, pastrami, macaroni salad.. Regular salad.. Pickles....he'll never see it coming.. (quinoa. You poor thing. And people complain about Shalom Bayis while your husband.. I can't even say it. I will have you in mind when I light candles this week.)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics