Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Lashon hara about Bernie Sanders?
Previous  1  2

miami85

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 9:07 am
I'm sorry, when he said "I'm a proud Jew...lived in Israel...must support Palestinians." At the debate, he lost any hope for my support. I thought that was disgusting.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 5:12 pm
Shimon says Reuven is an idiot = Loshon Hara

Shimon says Reuven did not think his platform out very well = not Loshon Hara

IMHO, everyone should review the Choftez Chaim on a yearly basis, because things always come up that are new, and we need to know where they fall under the existing guidelines.

To be on the safe side, try to say things nicely.

Shimon wishes that Reuven would be more supportive of middle class taxpayers.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
[b]

Is this an acceptable abbreviation in the US? It sounds to me like a very derogatory and condescending word. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if someone called the Jews by some disrespectful abbreviation.

(I am not an American and have nothing to do with your politics so if 'palis' is an acceptable abbreviation which respectful people use, then forgive me. It sounds wrong to me, and it's not like I'm on the left side of politics or anything. If you don't believe the Palestinians are a proper nation, there are other ways to say it. You could put it in quotation marks, for example).

I certainly hope you’re joking. What exactly is derogatory about a simple abbreviation? (Such is political correctness gone amok.)

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:34 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I certainly hope you’re joking. What exactly is derogatory about a simple abbreviation? (Such is political correctness gone amok.)

Ask a Paki.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics