Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dh is cheap to a fault

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:47 pm
He has no problem with me spending. I can even be spending a lot of money as long as I got a "bargain" "deal" or "sale" the psychology behind it makes no sense. He spends so much money, saving money. Im currently pesach cleaning and the amount of accumulated junk that he got on sale around the house is nauseating

My baby was taking a certain type of formula, he found the formula on sale so he ordered a case on amazon (max allowed) then asked a sister and a brother to do the same on their prime accounts. My baby shortly after started having reflux and we switched to a different formula.. non refundable formula

We painted my house about a year and a half ago, dh told the painter hell buy the paint to save $. He saw that the huge size paint tubs are a lot cheaper so he asked me to narrow the house down to 2 colors..now I have bedrooms that the paint and carpet look horrible together

I went shopping with a friend this past week she ran into gap and I ran into another store. I told her I was looking for a specific item and I gave her a cc and told her if she finds it to buy it for me. She found a few things she thought might work and it was all returnable so she bought me $180 worth of clothes all full price.. I got into the car to go home (knowing I was going to return most of it) and dh calls and hes like never ever pay full price for anything at gap/oldnavy I can always find coupons and use gift cards I get at a discount blah blah.

Im starting to loose my mind from it all but I cant seem to put a stop to it. I feel like if I did all the buying/spending in the marriage and always bought everything full price wed be a lot better off Sad help

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:06 pm
Wow, sounds so similar to my husband. He'll spend hours and drive for miles to get the "best deals". His business is failing because he spends more time trying to save money than to make money. And he thinks I'm crazy because I keep saying we cant live off saved money, you have to actually make money first!

mommyX2

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:44 am
penny wise dollar foolish. is that how the saying goes? maybe sit down and discuss how you do not WANT to save money by doing only 2 paint colors and how stocking up can lose money in the long run and come to an agreement on things.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:53 am
My mother is pretty mentally ill. When I was in high school she stocked up on maxi pads for me. Stocked UP. A decade later I could no longer use them because they lost their stick. I had a stash of disposable razors that must have lasted about 15 years. Not saying he's ill like my mother.... just empathizing and thought you all might be entertained by my stash that moved apartments and homes multiple times. You might want to plan a budget for all purchases together. Oh we need a new x and here's our budget for it. Let's not get distracted by sales on y and z.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics