Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
SJW rhetoric is making me cynical...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:27 am
If I could I'd be avoiding politics, but recently it feels like it's EVERYWHERE. Every single thing is being made about inequality, about how much someone is a victim and less about inspiring people to do better. The more I hear about SJW rhetoric, honestly the less I care Sad Worse even, I find it hard to respect these people and I never had these thoughts before. Are we millennials really as racist, sexist and bigoted as I constantly read? Growing up my friends were Muslim, Turkish, Christian, Jewish, African and Russian and I never thought less of them because of their background. In fact, I sort of thought we were beyond that sort of thing by now. I just don't understand where this is heading. Banging head

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If I could I'd be avoiding politics, but recently it feels like it's EVERYWHERE. Every single thing is being made about inequality, about how much someone is a victim and less about inspiring people to do better. The more I hear about SJW rhetoric, honestly the less I care Sad Worse even, I find it hard to respect these people and I never had these thoughts before. Are we millennials really as racist, sexist and bigoted as I constantly read? Growing up my friends were Muslim, Turkish, Christian, Jewish, African and Russian and I never thought less of them because of their background. In fact, I sort of thought we were beyond that sort of thing by now. I just don't understand where this is heading. Banging head

Nowhere good....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics