Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Schools and cheiders rbsa

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:33 am
I see this subject has been done a lot, but looking for specific and up to date info..

Re girls schools- what is the difference between the batei yaakov there? Are they split by area or are there more fundamental differences? Currently daughter is in regular israeli beis yaakov and we are very happy there.

For cheiders.. where would u recommend us checking?! My kids are not anglo. Currently learning in a regular cheider in yerushalayim. Looking for something that is mainly kodesh. Not opposed to some secular studies too, but wondering what families send to these places? Weve found that in yerushalayim its very clear cut-if a school has more secular studies, the crowd sending there is less chareidi/more open. (For example they may let their kids see a cartoon, or theyre not so makpid on what their girls are wearing, may have a computer at home..). Is this the same in rbs? We are quite closed in that there are no films or cartoons or cartoon characters etc etc.
Also so important that we are lacking here now is an organised place. Somewhere where u can speak to the rebbe, where there are letters from school updating parents on things, where they give the boys lots of fun things in addition to just learning (rosh chodesh programs etc..)

Any and all info really appreciated!

yc

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 5:09 am
way too much info to type. you need to talk to a real live person who lives there and you know who they are hashkafically so you can speak the same 'language'.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 5:18 am
yc wrote:
way too much info to type. you need to talk to a real live person who lives there and you know who they are hashkafically so you can speak the same 'language'.

Agreed.
Sounds like the type of hashkafa you're looking for wouldn't be on this site.
I would suggest speaking to a real estate agent about sub- neighborhoods and then try to speak to real life people in those areas.
Sorry I can't help, I live in RBS but I'm DL and have only marginal info (based on chatting with neighbors) on the BYs that American chareidi people send to. All have internet access, secular subjects, etc.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 5:41 am
Ok thanks!

luvinlife

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:21 am
I can try to help you. feel free to pm me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions