Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Should I cancel my ticket? (fear of corona)
1  2  3  4  Next

Newmami

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:29 am
I'm supposed to be flying to IL for purim. I have small baby.
should I cancel?
I'm getting really freaked out about Coronavirus.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:35 am
Flying to where ?

Teomima

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:35 am
Why cancel? Are you afraid of the airport, airplane, or Israel? Certainly no need if it's the latter. No need for any of them really. If you were going to China that would be a different story. But millions of people fly every day. Paranoia won't do you any good.

Newmami

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:36 am
elisheva25 wrote:
Flying to where ?

To israel

Newmami

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:37 am
Teomima wrote:
Why cancel? Are you afraid of the airport, airplane, or Israel? Certainly no need if it's the latter. No need for any of them really. If you were going to China that would be a different story. But millions of people fly every day. Paranoia won't do you any good.

if it would just be me I wouldn't think twice but I'm flying with my baby of 9m.

Teomima

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:06 am
Newmami wrote:
if it would just be me I wouldn't think twice but I'm flying with my baby of 9m.

I'm still not sure what you're worried about. Are you for some reason under the impression that it's unsafe in Israel? Or are you concerned about being in an airport?

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:08 am
Wear a mask sit next to the window seat less germs spray down tray

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:08 am
I wouldn’t cancel...

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:09 am
We're going tomorrow morning iyH. Not panicking at all, just using the usual precautions of using hand sanitizer etc. I don't think you need to cancel a trip to Israel. And we don't have masks. My kids would hate to wear them. Hopefully everyone else will so we won't need LOL

Newmami

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:11 am
thanks all for your replies.
I guess its the paranoia talking. but I did hear something about bet shemes being in quarantine. or is it just fake news? EDIT its not true

Last edited by Newmami on Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

grace413

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:26 am
Newmami wrote:
thanks all for your replies.
I guess its the paranoia talking. but I did hear something about bet shemes being in quarantine. or is it just fake news?

Totally not true.

amother
White

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 8:53 am
I would not go because of the risk of being stuck there in case of flights being cancelled and less so from fear of the virus.

etky

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:08 pm
I would not come if it were me for the simple reason that what is the situation today may literally not be the same tomorrow.
Just 4 days ago authorities were in a panic because a group of Korean tourists who had toured the entire country two weeks ago were thought to have had the virus while they were here and to have potentially spread it to thousands throughout the country. That was the Health Ministry's working assumption.
B"h as time goes on and no one that had come into contact with the group has yet been diagnosed (and be"h it should just stay that way!!) it seems more likely that they contracted the virus on their flight home (a flight attendant has been diagnosed with the virus now) or at a restaurant where they ate on their way back from the Seoul airport.
Had this NOT been the case, I can assure you that there would be utter chaos here now. As it is there are over 1500 people in home quarantine now waiting to be pronounced 'clean'; many are Israelis returning from 'risky' destinations in the far East and northern Italy. And they will be temporarily coming out of quarantine to vote on Monday, election day, in special polling stations.
Be"h none will turn out to have the virus but we literally don't know what tomorrow will bring and what disruptions can happen as a result.
I would not want to be a tourist here if and when that happens.

Adding that airports and airplanes are some of the last places I would want to be right now. Along with cruise ships, of course.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:48 pm
For some reason, children and infants are hardly being affected by this. So I don't think you have more to be concerned about because you're travelling with a baby.

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:53 pm
I just got back from Israel.
There were many people wearing masks in the airport and you can too if you'd like.
I carried a bottle of purell and tried to be extra careful to sanitize often, especially after touching any surface.
Other than that it was really not an issue. I only bought water or snacks that are sealed, and I didn't browse around in the duty free shops. The less you touch and walk around, the less risk you have of picking up germs.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:03 pm
I think people should wear gloves... so many things are touched... doors, doorknobs, chair handles, windows...
I’m not sure that purel can actually kill the coronavirus.

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:08 pm
Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Some people wearing masks were also wearing gloves.
It was mainly the Chinese people who were all covered.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
For some reason, children and infants are hardly being affected by this. So I don't think you have more to be concerned about because you're travelling with a baby.

Maternal immunity seems to last awhile for this. People my age are the most severely affected.

etky

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:12 pm
Israel has just become the first country in the world to call on its citizens to refrain from unnecessary travel abroad.
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/S1QOoXNVU

Miri1

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:27 pm
[quote="amother [ Floralwhite ]"]For some reason, children and infants are hardly being affected by this. So I don't think you have more to be concerned about because you're travelling with a baby.[/quote

I don't think they have so much clarity on the situation in the trenches to be able to make a confident assumption like this. Not saying she shouldn't go, but I wouldn't use this to persuade her.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics