Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How to prepare for cronovirus and identify

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:21 am
All the news talks about is the number of deaths and the 14-24 day incubation period. I want to know what precautions to take. Are masks enough? How does one know if it’s a regular flu or this strain? Please help! I want to keep us healthy!

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:31 am
This article has great information and a great list of what to do and what not to do. And it says specifically re: masks - not to wear them. Those are for the people who are already sick. Read the article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....irus/

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:37 am
watergirl wrote:
This article has great information and a great list of what to do and what not to do. And it says specifically re: masks - not to wear them. Those are for the people who are already sick. Read the article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....irus/

Links for WaPo may not open for those who didn't pay and exceeded the limit for free articles so you may want to copy and paste the article since it contains important information.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:39 am
Actually, it opened for me.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 11:44 am
What is recommended from Dr. Mercola re: Coronavirus PREVENTION

During this time, I recommend boosting your immune system with regular sensibly controlled sun exposure and, when unable to do that, taking oral vitamin D3. Adding liposomal vitamin C and quercetin (link) supplements can also be helpful.

All three help protect against infections in general, and quercetin may offer benefits as a treatment for SARS coronavirus infections.60 According to a study61 in the Journal of Virology, "quercetin offers great promise as a potential drug in the clinical treatment of SARS." Resveratrol is another antioxidant that could be useful. It's been shown to inhibit MERS-CoV infection, at least in vitro.62

read more here: https://articles.mercola.com/s......aspx

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:00 pm
we bought masks for our flights and just in case on esty .com they are sold old
israel developed a excellent mask

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:50 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
What is recommended from Dr. Mercola re: Coronavirus PREVENTION

During this time, I recommend boosting your immune system with regular sensibly controlled sun exposure and, when unable to do that, taking oral vitamin D3. Adding liposomal vitamin C and quercetin (link) supplements can also be helpful.

All three help protect against infections in general, and quercetin may offer benefits as a treatment for SARS coronavirus infections.60 According to a study61 in the Journal of Virology, "quercetin offers great promise as a potential drug in the clinical treatment of SARS." Resveratrol is another antioxidant that could be useful. It's been shown to inhibit MERS-CoV infection, at least in vitro.62

read more here: https://articles.mercola.com/s......aspx

Mercola is a quack. Wouldn't take his advice into consideration at all.

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:05 pm
Best advice I have read is to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Also the alcohol based hand sanitizers would also be helpful since I have read that alcohol has an impact on the corona virus - or at least in the lab. Although the virus seems to be air borne, there is still a lot of bacteria and viruses that are transmitted from the hands touching the mouth, nose or eyes. I have read that hands are actually the most common way the common cold is transmitted.

It is also recommended that one get the flu shot and the pneumonia shot - especially for older people. It is not that these protect against corona virus but in the event you get the corona virus, it might prevent secondary infection when your immune system is low - or vice versa.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:55 pm
Thank you for the helpful replies.

The mask would protect me somewhat from a person that doesn’t know they have it or doesn’t care to wear, no? I cannot get the flu shot but my family has. We do take vitamins and use hand sanitizer after leaving stores. Should we switch back to the antibacterial soap? Is this still considered a virus?

ETA: I have to use public transportation.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All the news talks about is the number of deaths and the 14-24 day incubation period. I want to know what precautions to take. Are masks enough? How does one know if it’s a regular flu or this strain? Please help! I want to keep us healthy!

First thing to do is learn to spell it 😄

lilly_de

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:31 pm
Buy alcohol based hand sanitizer in bulk. In some places in Europe It is already sold out.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

A) I have no idea what you are referring to. B) How this comment is supposed to be helpful?

I don’t think this virus is a joke.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Feb 26 2020, 6:34 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Seriously?!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics