Home

I watched the first part of the Dem debate last night

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 12:44 pm
The candidates looked like a bunch of school children with their hands in the air. They were all talking over another and it was hard to hear.

Individual impressions
Tom Steyer- who is he? Why is he on stage? His main points he kept bringing up and race and climate change...but he invested in private prison (way to go Joe for bringing that up). I liked the point he made about the importance of private sector but he is a business man so he isn't going to go full commute

Amy klobochur was well spoken and had some good ideas. If we had to have a woman pres in 2020, I would pick her. I dont agree with all her ideas but she s balanced. She also wasn't interrupting every minute.

Biden made some good points about his experience and a few weak attacks. No a bad performance but somewhat forgettable

Bernie was doing the bernie rant. From his 30 trillion health plan that will somehow be paid for by a 7.5 percent payroll tax, the math didn't add up. When confronted he said he'll need more than 2 hr to explain the math. DISLIKE. I also didn't like him praise commie leaders

To be cont

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:01 pm
Sebastian wrote:
The candidates looked like a bunch of school children with their hands in the air. They were all talking over another and it was hard to hear.

Individual impressions
Tom Steyer- who is he? Why is he on stage? His main points he kept bringing up and race and climate change...but he invested in private prison (way to go Joe for bringing that up). I liked the point he made about the importance of private sector but he is a business man so he isn't going to go full commute

Amy klobochur was well spoken and had some good ideas. If we had to have a woman pres in 2020, I would pick her. I dont agree with all her ideas but she s balanced. She also wasn't interrupting every minute.

Biden made some good points about his experience and a few weak attacks. No a bad performance but somewhat forgettable

Bernie was doing the bernie rant. From his 30 trillion health plan that will somehow be paid for by a 7.5 percent payroll tax, the math didn't add up. When confronted he said he'll need more than 2 hr to explain the math. DISLIKE. I also didn't like him praise commie leaders

To be cont

All good points. I’m also wondering why Steyer is still there; what’s he polling, 0%? He tried distinguishing himself by doubling down on the pandering to blacks, by advocating for reparations.

People say Biden had his strongest debate.... I guess that’s because he screamed and tried acting tough (but he couldn’t pull it off, and just sounded ridiculous), on top of claiming 150 million Americans have been killed by gun violence (that would be half the population). I’m wondering whether he’d be able to get through one debate without embarrassing himself. I can only imagine how Pres. Trump would make mincemeat out of him in a debate within 3 minutes.

I agree that out of them all, Klobuchar appears the most genuine and least dangerous.

I thought the moderators were horrific and incompetent, as they could not manage or seemingly didn’t even try to control the screaming and talking over each other by the candidates, which went on endlessly over and over. It was a hot mess, as one black commentator said.

Bottom line is, there’s not one viable choice for Dems among those at the top.

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:04 pm
Warren was her shrill annoying self but boy did I disagree with most of her positions. She attacked bloomberg again who did a slightly better job defending himself. She was given a clear chance to attack bernie and instead pandered to him, saying his ideas were great but she not him is the only one who can carry it out. I got really angry when she proposed killing the filibuster completely. I guess the dems didn't learn their lesson.

Bloomberg did slightly better but not amazing. When asked about programs he did in nyc, he said just bc it worked for my doesnt mean it ll work for all of the us. He bragged how his.money helped flip the house. Bloomberg amy and Pete kept stressing how sanders would hand the GOP's a huge victory. Sanders responded saying he was winning in head to head match ups.

Mayor pete came across as the smug teen who knows more than his parents. He mostly attacked bernie.

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:06 pm
I would want to hear more from amy bloomberg and biden. The rest are annoying and should go home.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:08 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Warren was her shrill annoying self but boy did I disagree with most of her positions. She attacked bloomberg again who did a slightly better job defending himself. She was given a clear chance to attack bernie and instead pandered to him, saying his ideas were great but she not him is the only one who can carry it out. I got really angry when she proposed killing the filibuster completely. I guess the dems didn't learn their lesson.

Bloomberg did slightly better but not amazing. When asked about programs he did in nyc, he said just bc it worked for my doesnt mean it ll work for all of the us. He bragged how his.money helped flip the house. Bloomberg amy and Pete kept stressing how sanders would hand the GOP's a huge victory. Sanders responded saying he was winning in head to head match ups.

Mayor pete came across as the smug teen who knows more than his parents. He mostly attacked bernie.

Agree again. I thought BloomBerg’s many attempts at jokes were cringeworthy as no in even knew what he was talking about. The naked cowboy? Who outside of NY would know about that (many IN NY don’t!)?! And his “joke” about how well he did at the first debate sounded like he was serious because he struggles at delivering a punchline (I’m sure he’s absolutely humorless in his personal life), and didn’t even get a small laugh. Oh gosh he’s got the personality and charm of a dead fish.

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:51 pm
I also really loved bloomberg s response to legalizing marijuana. He is 100% correct

Bernie s idea to have minorities start businesses dealing drugs was wacky. All businesses are bad except those dealing with drugs, I guess

dancingqueen

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:03 pm
Sebastian wrote:

You’re right, Warren really seems to hate Bloomberg and kisses Bernies tush. Maybe she hopes to be his VP.

I think Pete comes across as smart, but he’s not ready yet.

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:27 pm
Yup he made some good points but he needs more time and experience
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h