Home

Should Tom Steyer pay reparations himself?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

chanatron1000

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:25 pm
I'm not attacking him or being sarcastic. He actually could. He has the money.

Cookiegirl

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:27 pm
That would undermine the Democratic tradition of using Other People's Money (like mine!) to solve problems...not gonna happen.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 1:29 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
I'm not attacking him or being sarcastic. He actually could. He has the money.

Just like Bernie Sanders should give up his 3 mansions and a good portion of his money since he keeps attacking the wealthy and screaming about how they must share with the poor! All big talkers.,,

PinkFridge

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:17 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Just like Bernie Sanders should give up his 3 mansions and a good portion of his money since he keeps attacking the wealthy and screaming about how they must share with the poor! All big talkers.,,

But he's explained his three homes! He works in Washington, lives in VT, and come on, a lot of regular people have a vacation cabin. Or something like that.
Anyway, billionaires bad, milllionaires better.

Cookiegirl

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:22 pm
Maybe Bernie should do away with compounding interest...after all, some of those bad billionaires were ok millionaires at some point...

That can be another plank in his platform that he can walk off of...(sorry grammarians)

chanatron1000

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:36 pm
The difference between a millionaire and a billionaire is far greater than the difference between a millionaire and an average person.

naturalmom5

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:39 pm
So when Bernie is in Washington homeless ppl can stay in his Vermont place and vacation cabin

sky

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 2:42 pm
Cheiny wrote:

I think this is an exaggeration unless you can prove otherwise.
What makes something a mansion?

One of his houses I saw was not a mansion. It was small little vacation home. Even his main home is smaller and less grand then many Lakewood homes.

naturalmom5

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:05 pm
sky wrote:
I think this is an exaggeration unless you can prove otherwise.
What makes something a mansion?

One of his houses I saw was not a mansion. It was small little vacation home. Even his main home is smaller and less grand then many Lakewood homes.

Depends where in Lakewood . I havent seen too many lifes of the rich and famous in lakewood proper

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:20 pm
Has Sanders suggested that he would be exempt from any taxes that he imposes?

What about Steyer?

Its not other people's money when you're paying along with everyone else.

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:25 pm
In any case, a very substantial number of women here are millionaires.

Not a day goes by that there's not a discussion of purchasing million dollar or more houses in Brooklyn, Lakewood and Monsey. Spending $40,000 to more to renovate a kitchen because its more than 10 years old. The "need" for a separate kitchen for 8 days of the year. Spending tens of thousands of dollars a year to "support" adult children.

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:28 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Depends where in Lakewood . I havent seen too many lifes of the rich and famous in lakewood proper

Sanders' main residence cost him about $400,000, and is now worth about $465,000. How does that compare to Lakewood home prices?

He has a one bedroom condo in DC.

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:30 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Sanders' main residence cost him about $400,000, and is now worth about $465,000. How does that compare to Lakewood home prices?

He has a one bedroom condo in DC.

A new lkwd duplex home is around 600k, some less some more. Single family is btw 700-750k

You can def get a nice home in lkwd for 465

sky

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 3:46 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

His house doesn’t look like a house ofvthe rich and famous. It’s a regular large colonial with a garage.

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 4:01 pm
sky wrote:
His house doesn’t look like a house ofvthe rich and famous. It’s a regular large colonial with a garage.

Its above-average in that area of Vermont, though.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:11 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
But he's explained his three homes! He works in Washington, lives in VT, and come on, a lot of regular people have a vacation cabin. Or something like that.
Anyway, billionaires bad, milllionaires better.

Indeed, like how AOC touts her nutso green new deal and flies around in jets at the same time.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Feb 26 2020, 7:12 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
So when Bernie is in Washington homeless ppl can stay in his Vermont place and vacation cabin

Yes, how about the peaceful, oppressed Palestinians whom he’s always bemoaning are being treated horribly in Gaza by those racist Israelis.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h