Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Support your local (kosher) Chinese Resturants!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:12 pm
The one in my town may not recover from lack of customers.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:23 pm
curious what you are suggesting? that people who would otherwise not spend on takeout should start using takeout?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
curious what you are suggesting? that people who would otherwise not spend on takeout should start using takeout?

that people who otherwise would spend on take-out are avoiding Chinese food.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:28 pm
And what if it’s gross and overpriced?
And our OOT community is too small to keep it running?

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
that people who otherwise would spend on take-out are avoiding Chinese food.

So they should buy Chinese so the sandwich place will close instead? If there’s not enough consumers somebody will close...
Unless this is just a vent and you really love Chinese, in which case I can commiserate and offer my condolences Sad Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:33 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
And what if it’s gross and overpriced?
And our OOT community is too small to keep it running?

Continue as you were.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:36 pm
Mamona nafshic... ( talmudic code for if its hot its not cold...if its cold its not hot)

If you are in a place like Lakewood or Brooklyn and the food and service is good why is the place in trouble

If you are far OOT... maybe they need to really up their game and attract non Jewish business

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:38 pm
So they should buy Chinese so the sandwich place will close instead? If there’s not enough consumers somebody will close...
Unless this is just a vent and you really love Chinese, in which case I can commiserate and offer my condolences Sad Wink

That's not it. Its coronavirus related.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:38 pm
What's the problem with kosher chinese??? Their food doesn't come from China......
There's no correlation between corona virus and local chinese restaurants, especially not the kosher one's.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:39 pm
Ok now I get it, is this a joke?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:39 pm
Huh? I don't believe that anyone thinks that Chinese food has links to China.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:40 pm
Notice to the Greater Toronto Area Jewish Community:

Toronto’s only kosher Chinese restaurant, Golden Chopsticks, at Bathurst and Steeles, has served our community for 23 years. Unfortunately the corona virus scare has suddenly endangered its very survival. Many members of our community are staying away for fear of eating Chinese cuisine prepared by cooks who are Canadian residents but who are originally from China. Business is so bad that Golden Chopsticks may be forced to close.

The York Region Health Inspector yearly guarantees the public’s ability to eat at Golden Chopsticks without any concerns and did so again recently. This sign of approval is prominently displayed in the restaurant’s window. As an added precaution all food is now prepared with surgeon’s plastic gloves and clinical masks. Our kosher establishments are part of the fabric of our community as are their proprietors and we should not abandon them. Golden Chopsticks has served our community for many years and we urge you to continue supporting them so they can serve us for many years to come.

https://www.facebook.com/CORKosher/

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's not it. Its coronavirus related.

Oh god people are such idiots.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:42 pm
Where did this notice come from?? It’s hard to believe so many people are actually that stupid!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:44 pm
Where did this notice come from?? It’s hard to believe so many people are actually that stupid!

Stupid wasn't the word I would pick.

Its posted by COR.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:45 pm
OP, I get what you are trying to say.

People are for some reason avoiding Chinese restaurants because of the coronavirus. My in-laws, for example. They honestly think the egg rolls will kill them. I’m only slightly exaggerating. We suggested chinese food for dinner a week or so ago - we are a family of chinese food lovers. And my in-laws looked horrified at the thought. My
MIL explained to me like I’m a moron that they are waiting for the virus to clear before going for chinese food.

BH the Chinese food place by me is thriving. But I’ve been seeing on the news how many are not doing well at all because people are like my in-laws.

Last edited by watergirl on Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Stupid wasn't the word I would pick.

Its posted by COR.

Not that the cor is stupid, the people avoiding a Canadian takeout store serving Chinese-American food are stupid

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:48 pm
Not that the cor is stupid, the people avoiding a Canadian takeout store serving Chinese-American food are stupid

I didn't mean COR was stupid. I just had a different adjective in-mind for the consumers.

Anyway - My guess is this call to action (by COR) will quickly remedy the situation....probably overwhelm the store.

Happy to read here that this is an isolated response.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:49 pm
watergirl wrote:
OP, I get what you are trying to say.

People are for some reason avoiding Chinese restaurants because of the coronavirus. My in-laws, for example. They honestly think the egg rolls will kill them. I’m only slightly exaggerating. We suggested chinese food for dinner a week or so ago - we are a family of chinese food lovers. And my in-laws looked horrified at the thought. She explained to me like I’m a moron that they are waiting for the virus to clear before going for chinese food.

BH the Chinese food place by me is thriving. But I’ve been seeing on the news how many are not doing well at all because people are like my in-laws.

This has been in the kosher and non-kosher press People fear that ethnically Chinese workers may have visited China or been in contact with others who have, and are staying away. Restaurants that are usually packed are now empty.

OP's point (which I thought was clear) is to continue to patronize local establishments.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 4:56 pm
Can't Believe It

That much stupid is painful. THE STUPID, IT BURNS!!! Surprised

I feel so bad for every single person who is impacted by this virus, either physically, mentally, or financially.

Kosher Chinese in restaurants is usually too salty, slimy, and soggy. If you want good food, call ahead and ask the owner to have them prepare the same food they cook for their own families. Don't even bother with the menu, which is Westernized and dumbed down.

Learn how to make your own Chinese food. Chinese Kosher Cooking by Betty S. Goldberg is an excellent book.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics