Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Kever Shmuel ha'Navi, Spring Ma'Ayan

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 29 2020, 2:35 pm
If going to kever Shmuel ha'Navi, I heard that there's a beautiful area, a spring below somewhere, Ma'Ayan is it called? Can anyone clarify this & where to find it?
Thanks so much

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Feb 29 2020, 11:12 pm
I went just a few weeks ago! It's right next to ramot and givaat zeev! Not sure where you'll be coming from.
It was really nice. I didn't really see the spring but it said there was one.

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 12:09 am
I helped DD do a project on kever Shmuel haNavi a few years ago. I think it's called Maayan Chana IIRC.
My kids go there 1-2 times a year with school and none of them can remember ever being showed the maayan

etky

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 12:54 am
https://www.makorrishon.co.il/......html

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 12:58 am
Maayan just means spring. There are a few in the area. I am unaware of one by the lever which is the highest point in the area.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 1:34 am
Thank you so much for all of the replies.
Aside from the obvious & fundamental hishtadlus of davening, does anyone know of something in particular to do there regarding Chana, such as a zchus for having children?

Is there a kever for Chana?

etky

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 2:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Aside from the obvious & fundamental hishtadlus of davening, does anyone know of something in particular to do there regarding Chana, such as a zchus for having children?

I think that the folk belief is that she and Elkana are also buried at the site.

As far as davening for children, maybe a visit to Shilo, where Chana davened?

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:25 am
After my stillbirth 8 years ago I went to Israel for Pesach. I went to Shmuel HaNavi's Kever and also Kever Rochel to Davern for a healthy baby. 7 months later I was pregnant and went back for a Bar Mitzvah and again went to the two Kevers. I made a promise I would name the baby either Shmuel of Rochel if it came out alive and I would come back with the baby within a year. BH we had a healthy baby boy so Shmuel he was. Bh its his 7th birthday today. Within 3 months of him being born we went back to both Kevers with him in my arms. A totally emotional trip. Now each time I have been to Isreal we go to each Kever they just have a special place in my heart.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I know many women who daven at kever shmuel for this reason, for the zchut of children. The story of chana and shmuel is an amazing one, and when you add the power of tefila, the kever of the child chana had because of her tefilot, shmuel, is the perfect place to daven for children, in my opinion.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:54 am
Thank you for the helpful & beautiful replies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions