Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
If you don't have a laundry room, where do you fold?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 9:12 pm
I think folding is a waste of time. Why bother? Why do underwear/socks/pajamas need to be folded before being put into the correct drawer or basket? I haven't folded in years. Yes my drawers look messy but imagine how many hours I saved. Shirts get hung (ironed if necessary) and pants get ironed and then yes folded. Towels go straight onto bathroom hooks.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I think folding is a waste of time. Why bother? Why do underwear/socks/pajamas need to be folded before being put into the correct drawer or basket? I haven't folded in years. Yes my drawers look messy but imagine how many hours I saved. Shirts get hung (ironed if necessary) and pants get ironed and then yes folded. Towels go straight onto bathroom hooks.

My sister applied the same logic and refused to make her bed, on the basis that it would only get messed up again when she slept in it. She had her own room, so my mother decided that the mess was her problem.

I don't know if she even makes beds today. She has a very neat daughter who, in about ten years time, will probably be talking about the trauma of never having learnt to make a bed properly! Very Happy

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 9:34 pm
I have a laundry room but I don’t like to fold there because I find it to be more dusty somehow.
I have separate “clean hampers” and “dirty hampers”. Cleaning lady folds and irons the laundry in the kids bedrooms while they’re in school.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 10:42 pm
hodeez wrote:
Fill up the hamper with the clothes, take it to my bed, unload and fold,put it back in the hamper folded and distributed among the drawers.

I hope you aren’t using the dirty laundry hamper for the clean clothes too. Puke

nchr

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 10:45 pm
I used to use my bed or the dining room table.

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I hope you aren’t using the dirty laundry hamper for the clean clothes too. Puke

Goodness, the clothes aren't saturated. I use the same baskets for both.

OP, some things I fold on my couch. Linens get taken up and folded on my bed. The older kids get their clothes in s basket and they deal with it. I hang all my things except a few things that don't need folding anyway. I guess I don't really fold as much as I used to.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 5:30 am
Either on the bed or clean living room floor. It becomes a family activity- give kids each a few of their own items to “fold” (baby kid throws it around and eats it, so I wash those socks again).

lucite

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 8:42 am
I have a laundry Rm and fold on my bed, so I cant go to sleep until till its packed away Wink

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:26 am
Ive started putting the laundry on the dinning room table. We all fold a bit here and there but no matter what it has to all be folded and put away before shabbat. Ive seen a few people do it that way. And it works well.
Growing up, we always folded the laundry on my parents beds. And they had a large laundry room, but it was in the basement and had to be brought upstairs anyway.

salt

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:32 am

cinnamon

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 2:51 am
Clean laundry goes in reusable plastic bags from IKEA which are hung on a poll we put up.
Once a week we dump all the clean clothes in the living room and each kid goes through it, finds their stuff, folds and puts away.
(We make sure each kid has ten days worth of clothes)

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:45 am
cinnamon wrote:
Clean laundry goes in reusable plastic bags from IKEA which are hung on a poll we put up.
Once a week we dump all the clean clothes in the living room and each kid goes through it, finds their stuff, folds and puts away.
(We make sure each kid has ten days worth of clothes)

Doesn't everything get very creased while sitting in the bags?

jewwoman

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 3:54 am
On the couch.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 4:38 am
salt wrote:

LOL

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 4:39 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

Me too!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry