Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Newish Kosher Wig Brand - Do you trust

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 11:55 am
Where I live, a new company Millennium wigs have been advertising a lot. They claim to have a hechsher and I even emailed them about it. They replied saying "a mashgiach temidi is present at all stages of processing"

I also received a list of rabbonim who are on the vaad, some very respectable trusted people.

So I'm wondering how this company has managed to avoid India, because even some of the biggest wig companys are admitting that as far as they know, all hair is from India.

I'm asking because their wigs are beautiful, and great for smaller budgets. I want to get one, but my husband is wondering if this hechsher thing is a scam.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 12:06 pm
How can all hair be from India? People all over the world have hair to sell. Some brands specifically advertise european hair or brazilian hair or korean hair or russian hair. What do you mean all Indian?

In addition I don't personally understand what the big deal is anyhow if it is from India. If Jews can buy a church and make it into a shul why can't this supposed avoda zara hair be elevated by being made into a sheitel for a mitzvah?

If you can't even trust respected rabbis and believe they are tyring to scam you then by all means don't buy and enjoy your tichel.

Nechy

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 9:42 pm
hi im actually interested in getting in contact with them...is there a phone number or email in the ad?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 5:49 am
My own rav said India is ok but just ask where it's from, they have no interest in saying India if it's better hair

Nechy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 9:05 am
in response to denim they say that India exports the hair to all those other countries and from there its sold as hair from that country so the dealers can be buying from Brazil direct and is will be called Brazilian hair but in fact it is still sourced in India .... I myself only recently started doing research on this so don't know much thats why im wondering how to get in touch with this millennium company ...is anyone has any leads...

amother
White

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm asking because their wigs are beautiful, and great for smaller budgets. I want to get one, but my husband is wondering if this hechsher thing is a scam.

$2000 is not great for a small budget

rising hero

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
How can all hair be from India? People all over the world have hair to sell. Some brands specifically advertise european hair or brazilian hair or korean hair or russian hair. What do you mean all Indian?

In addition I don't personally understand what the big deal is anyhow if it is from India. If Jews can buy a church and make it into a shul why can't this supposed avoda zara hair be elevated by being made into a sheitel for a mitzvah?

If you can't even trust respected rabbis and believe they are tyring to scam you then by all means don't buy and enjoy your tichel.

Thats exactly what im thinking too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels