Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
YU has a male student with corona why don’t they close?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 5:56 pm
We just heard about it now even though he was sent home for isolation on February 23rd. His father is in critical condition. Wwyd? I’m really upset that they do t shut down the school. The student lived in the dorms. The school of his younger siblings were shut down for now

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 5:58 pm
he has one younger brother who goes to SAr
his other two siblings are in Israel

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 5:59 pm
westchester day school and wta were closed even thou this family has no students who attend these
schools

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:04 pm
Because it doesn’t spread like measles it spreads through physical contact (spit snot etc).
Because it’s a huge school and they know that they can’t shut down immediately since whoever was exposed has been told to self quarantine anyway and that’s pretty much all they can do.
Because freaking out about it won’t help
Anyone.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:08 pm
From what I read, it's unclear that he actually has it, vs just being exposed. They sent him home and cleaned. I imagine his roommates got a very different communication.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:10 pm
a shul called beth el down the street from young isreal of new rochelle canceled there senior meeting
for this wednesday

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:36 pm
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new.....0134/

simcha2

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:42 pm
Dear Yeshiva Community,

We are writing to share two pieces of news related to COVID-19.

We have learned that one of the children of the Westchester attorney identified as New York’s second case of COVID-19 is an undergraduate male student at Yeshiva University.

We are working closely with, and following the recommendations of, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) and the Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response and other government agencies to take every necessary precaution to ensure the safety of our community. The student has not been on campus since Thursday, Feb. 27, and is in quarantine with his family. The DOHMH is testing the family.

Additionally, a Cardozo student is in self-quarantine as instructed by their doctor as a precaution because of contact with the patient’s law firm. The Cardozo student is reporting no symptoms.

The University is disinfecting all relevant common areas.

We will continue to work closely with the DOHMH and will share information as we receive it. In the meantime, we urge you to follow the CDC’s guidelines on hand-washing and coughing and sneezing practices that prevent the spread of viruses. If you feel you have symptoms, contact your doctor or call 311.

Students can call the health commissioner’s office if they are concerned they’ve been in touch with the student being tested: Samantha at 347-396-4166.

At this time, all University functions and classes are continuing to operate as usual.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:00 pm
It’s seven pm
I just got an email from the young Israel of new Rochelle that it will be closed
If you attended a funeral or a bar mitzvah or went to shul on a
Certain date you should self quarantine

tichellady

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:13 pm
Why are you spreading false information?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:18 pm
tichellady wrote:
Why are you spreading false information?

Who is spreading what false information?

tichellady

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Who is spreading what false information?

Yu doesn’t have a student with the virus

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:22 pm
tichellady wrote:
Yu doesn’t have a student with the virus

It hasn't been confirmed, but the student's father is the one critically ill with the virus and he (the student) is displaying symptoms as well.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:23 pm
The student from yu is quarantined at home with his mother and brother who attend s sar I’m the bronx

tichellady

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
It hasn't been confirmed, but the student's father is the one critically ill with the virus and he (the student) is displaying symptoms as well.

Ok so Did you read your title? That’s not what you wrote.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:31 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]We just heard about it now even though he was sent home for isolation on February 23rd. His father is in critical condition. Wwyd? I’m really upset that they do t shut down the school. The student lived in the dorms. The school of his younger siblings were shut down for now[/quote]

Not exactly. They shut down school only for today.
You can hardly expect schools to shut down and quarantine the entire student body every time another student or staff member comes down with it

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:33 pm
Westchester day school and wta was closed down even thou the family had no children who attend those schools

thanks

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:37 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Westchester day school and wta was closed down even thou the family had no children who attend those schools

There's a rebbe that teaches in both Sar and Westchester. That's why Westchester was closed for today. That's what I saw in the news.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:38 pm
tichellady wrote:

I heard that the YU student was confirmed to have corona.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 7:48 pm
tichellady wrote:

MY title?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics