Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Ashira hs

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 9:54 pm
hi,can someone give me info about ashira hs in lakewood

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 10:37 pm
I’m familiar with it. What do you want to know specifically?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 11:03 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I’m familiar with it. What do you want to know specifically?

What type of girls anything really..

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 11:20 pm
Are you talking about the small program in someone’s house?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 11:34 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Are you talking about the small program in someone’s house?

Yes

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Mar 06 2020, 1:10 am
There was an ad awhile back where the owner/ principal gave detailed description of the school. I don’t remember but maybe it was in the ami.

My impression is that the school is geared for good Frum girls, not otd or drugs related issues, but they need a low key low academic environment. The school uses alternative learning styles like hands on activities, group discussions, outings, etc, rather than lecture style, taking notes then taking a test type of learning. I think there’s about 5 kids right now.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 11:36 pm
Does anyone have any updated information? The website I found had broken links, but I found a video and it looks great. It seems to be under Ateres BY. Any information would be very appreciated, thank you.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 11:40 pm
Someone I know was in a school like this in Monsey. It was good for a year or two until she got bored and had to find someplace to transfer to...

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 11:47 pm
I know the director of Ashira in Monsey, she's amazing.....I work in an elementary school program and we've sent kids to Ashira for high school...

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 10:41 pm
I have since learned that the Ashira hs in Monsey, affiliated with Ateres, is not connected at all to the Ashira in Lakewood.
Any updated information? The video said 12 girls in a class.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 11:15 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I have since learned that the Ashira hs in Monsey, affiliated with Ateres, is not connected at all to the Ashira in Lakewood.
Any updated information? The video said 12 girls in a class.

I don’t think there are classes. It’s too small. It’s just a few girls. It’s run by a woman who needed a school for her daughter.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 11:19 pm
https://vimeo.com/442520034

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Dec 22 2020, 11:30 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I don’t think there are classes. It’s too small. It’s just a few girls. It’s run by a woman who needed a school for her daughter.

Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children