Home

‘I haven’t touched my face in weeks’
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

itsmeima

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:37 am
Cheiny wrote:
Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, they might be right and you might just be wrong?There’s a Yiddish saying that loosely translated goes, when everyone says you’re drunk, go to sleep.

Who's everyone?

Jeanette

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 9:06 am
itsmeima wrote:
Common, you can't blame Trump for the stock market these days!

I'm with you on the rest... NY is doing a better job handling the epidemic than Trump!

It cuts both ways. If he wants to take credit for the market when it rises he also has to take blame for when it falls.

fleetwood

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 9:50 am
Jeanette wrote:
It cuts both ways. If he wants to take credit for the market when it rises he also has to take blame for when it falls.

Yeah,but this is not Trump's fault.

Jeanette

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 10:06 am
fleetwood wrote:

When the economy was rising it wasn't thanks to him either.

And his mismanagement of the economy during the fat years means we have nothing to fall back on during the lean years.

That was literally their only talking point. "But the stock market keeps going up! Greatest president in world history!"

Now that it's tanking, oh, no, not fair to blame Trump for circumstances beyond his control.

Dandelion1

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 11:33 am
Cheiny wrote:
I find it amazing that people don’t see when they’re being played with or get his sense of humor.

I can't quite get past this myself.

Functioning adults of average intelligence actually thought he was making a formal claim that he had literally not touched his face in 2 weeks?

Initially I thought it was a spoof, put out by conservatives, to mock the liberals:

Breaking News:
"Trump testifies under oath to not to having touched his face in 13 days and 6.5 hours!! Video footage taken 4 days ago proves this to be a blatant lie!!"

But then it turned out that it wasn't a spoof. I don't even know how to process that.

SixOfWands

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:14 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Yes and no.

Certainly there are effects of coronavirus that are out of everyone's control.

But there is an absolute lack of leadership at the executive level that is scaring the dickens out of people. While Pelosi and Schumer were demanding paid sick leave (so that sick people could stay home instead of spreading this virus, and so they could continue to pay bills if stuck at home) free testing, enhanced unemployment for those who lose their jobs, etc, Trump was playing golf, and his buddy Gaetz was mocking the issue by wearing a gas mask. (Gaetz, of course, now tested positive.
While I don't wish him ill, I do hope that he contracted it from that mask.) Trump was gagging people who know what they're talking about, telling Americans to ignore experts to listen to him because he's so smart and had an uncle at MIT, and blaming Obama (because EVERYTHING is Obama's fault). Oh, and tweeting about Fox News ratings while making up still more infantile nicknames. Because our president should be furher dividing when the country is facing serious issues. https://twitter.com/realDonald.....59680

In any case, if you're going to take credit for everything good, even when its merely following the trends that preceded you, you need to take everything bad as well.

Jeanette

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Yes and no.

But there is an absolute lack of leadership at the executive level that is scaring the dickens out of people. While Pelosi and Schumer were demanding paid sick leave (so that sick people could stay home instead of spreading this virus, and so they could continue to pay bills if stuck at home) free testing, enhanced unemployment for those who lose their jobs, etc, Trump was playing golf, and his buddy Gaetz was mocking the issue by wearing a gas mask. (Gaetz, of course, now tested positive.
While I don't wish him ill, I do hope that he contracted it from that mask.) Trump was gagging people who know what they're talking about, telling Americans to ignore experts to listen to him because he's so smart and had an uncle at MIT, and blaming Obama (because EVERYTHING is Obama's fault). Oh, and tweeting about Fox News ratings while making up still more infantile nicknames. Because our president should be furher dividing when the country is facing serious issues. https://twitter.com/realDonald.....59680

In any case, if you're going to take credit for everything good, even when its merely following the trends that preceded you, you need to take everything bad as well.

Matt Gaetz is in quarantine after coming into contact with a corona positive attendee at CPAC. I have not heard that he tested positive himself.

SixOfWands

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:35 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Matt Gaetz is in quarantine after coming into contact with a corona positive attendee at CPAC. I have not heard that he tested positive himself.

You are correct; I was mistaken.

Cheiny

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:00 pm
Jeanette wrote:
When the economy was rising it wasn't thanks to him either.

And his mismanagement of the economy during the fat years means we have nothing to fall back on during the lean years.

That was literally their only talking point. "But the stock market keeps going up! Greatest president in world history!"

Now that it's tanking, oh, no, not fair to blame Trump for circumstances beyond his control.

So you’re saying the booming economy including record breaking low unemployment which still exists (which, sorry to burst your bubble, was and is indeed totally to his credit) has nothing to do with Trump.

And now you’re Also saying it’s totally fair to blame these circumstances that are “beyond his control,” namely the corona crisis, on Trump. Got it.

Seriously? Do you not hear how this sounds??

This type of stuff really doesn’t merit any response.

Jeanette wrote:

So you’ve just unabashedly said Trump is responsible for any hit the stock market takes due to corona. Yup, like I said, this type of thinking also holds that he’s responsible for every evil in the world. Wow. Just wow.

itsmeima wrote:
Who's everyone?

Isn’t that obvious? Everyone that’s sober.

itsmeima wrote:
Common, you can't blame Trump for the stock market these days!

I'm with you on the rest... NY is doing a better job handling the epidemic than Trump!

You mean the epidemic Ol’ Joe Biden referred to as Ebola? LOL LOL

Last edited by Cheiny on Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

#BestBubby

Post  Tue, Mar 10 2020, 5:34 pm
The Great Economy is all to Trump's Credit. These are TRUMP'S Actions that brought it about:

1. Cut Taxes

2. Cut Regulations

3. Said NO to TPP, Paris Accords, Renogotiated NAFTA.

4. Greatly reduced illegal immigration

Any Democrat elected would have done the exact OPPOSITE and we would be in middle of
a recession had Hillary been elected. The Democrats DELIBERATELY destroy jobs because poor people on govt handouts vote Democrat. The more Poor the Democrats CREATE, the more powerful the Democrat Party is.

Democrats then blame "globalism" for the Recession and Fake News hides that it is Democrat Policies that DELIBERATELY destroy the economy.

sushilover

Post  Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:50 am
Jeanette wrote:

He also never mocked Caronavirus. He was trying to challenge the rules that do not allow face masks in some government buildings. He said government officials meet more people every day than most, and it is important for them to protect themselves and those around them.

The media decided he was making fun of carona victims and they ran with that story. And then they wonder why the public doesn't trust the media. It's so sad.

Laiya

Post  Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:11 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Yes and no.

How does indefinite paid sick leave for all employees in an organization at the same time work? If everyone is home sick at the same time, how would this not bring society to a halt? Would it apply to all supermarkets, restaurants, stores close, libraries, transit system, universities, drug companies? I'm unclear as to what is being suggested.

Trump proposed temporarily getting rid of payroll taxes to alleviate some of the downturn. Markets climbed at the suggestion, but already Democrats have said they will oppose it.

As far as free testing, the more important issue is having available and functioning test kits, which is a logistical issue, not a policy issue.

As for Trump bragging that he's so smart, I did not read that, but he has put together an excellent task force team: the head of the CDC, a neurosurgeon, infectious disease expert with 30 years' experience on HIV, etc. I don't need my president to be an infectious diseases expert, I need him to know how to find and appoint them.

Interestingly, this pandemic has illustrated Trump's China policy, that we are overly-reliant on China for manufacturing. Hopefully his USMCA agreement will help to bring manufacturing closer and lessen our reliance on China going forward.

Fox

Post  Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:15 pm
If elephants never forget, donkeys appear to have the memories of gnats.

There's a great deal of selective memory to be found among those obsessed with opposing Trump. If you look back to the period right after the election, a handful of Imamothers along with a great many others on social media and even people who should know better assured us that Trump's election would cause the stock market to collapse. The economy would then crater, and we'd all be eating our pets.

So a significant part of Trump's braggadocio regarding the stock market didn't come out of nowhere -- it's been an answer to all those dire predictions. You can object to the nanny-nanny-boo-boo element (I personally prefer the "I told you so dance"), but it's bizarre for anyone to think that he/she shouldn't be held accountable for stupid and alarmist predictions.

The biggest factor in the stock market going up is stability. Markets are based on predicting the future, and they like stability. Anything that disrupts that stability -- even something positive -- can disrupt markets. The stock market is like a nervous cat.

The flip side, though, is that as long as the underpinnings of business are solid, the market will come back. The cat will eventually decide that the danger isn't as great as it feared. Rolling back excessive regulation; increasing manufacturing capacity in the U.S.; negotiating better trade agreements -- these are all long-term methods of strengthening the underpinnings.

Anyone who thinks stock market fluctuations due to the Corona virus signal a long-term business decline deserves to have his/her posts captured and his/her economic savvy held up to ridicule in the future.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:57 pm
Fox wrote:
If elephants never forget, donkeys appear to have the memories of gnats.

There's a great deal of selective memory to be found among those obsessed with opposing Trump. If you look back to the period right after the election, a handful of Imamothers along with a great many others on social media and even people who should know better assured us that Trump's election would cause the stock market to collapse. The economy would then crater, and we'd all be eating our pets.

So a significant part of Trump's braggadocio regarding the stock market didn't come out of nowhere -- it's been an answer to all those dire predictions. You can object to the nanny-nanny-boo-boo element (I personally prefer the "I told you so dance"), but it's bizarre for anyone to think that he/she shouldn't be held accountable for stupid and alarmist predictions.

The biggest factor in the stock market going up is stability. Markets are based on predicting the future, and they like stability. Anything that disrupts that stability -- even something positive -- can disrupt markets. The stock market is like a nervous cat.

The flip side, though, is that as long as the underpinnings of business are solid, the market will come back. The cat will eventually decide that the danger isn't as great as it feared. Rolling back excessive regulation; increasing manufacturing capacity in the U.S.; negotiating better trade agreements -- these are all long-term methods of strengthening the underpinnings.

Anyone who thinks stock market fluctuations due to the Corona virus signal a long-term business decline deserves to have his/her posts captured and his/her economic savvy held up to ridicule in the future.

Another brilliant and honest post!

Jeanette

Post  Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:51 pm
Quote:
I wonder if ima is going to be, like, the jungle in Vietnam where a platoon is stranded and doesn't know that the war is over.

Cheiny

Post  Fri, Mar 13 2020, 3:04 pm
TDS abounds

CNN’s Jim Acosta blasted for ‘trying to hurt Trump and divide’ America with coronavirus report
Foxnews.com
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Recent Topics

Page 4 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h