Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does DH side with you or his mom/his sister?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 5:00 pm
If there is ever an issue between you and your husband’s mother or sister who would your husband side with?

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 5:05 pm
The rational one.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 5:39 pm
He'd try to appease both, but stick up for me.

When we were newly married and I needed space from her, he had a hard time keeping that to himself and needless to say that blew up. Laugh Thank God we've all grown since then and he would have my back.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 6:18 pm
Them. Always them. They can do no wrong in his eyes.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 6:21 pm
Oh, boy. For years this was a HUGE source of stress in our marriage. Finally, someone got through to DH and now he is always on my side. Always, always, always has my back. Can't tell you how different (better) the marriage is now. It really isn't about wrong or right. It's about knowing that one person who matters most will always go to bat for you.

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 6:36 pm
Them. If I have a problem with them or if I don’t like something about them he says it’s my issue, not theirs.

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 7:04 pm
I think he would try to be on both sides if possible and would try not to encourage any type of disagreement. However, at the end of the day, he would definitely side with me.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 7:17 pm
He tells me he’s on my side. He tells them he’s on theirs.

tweety1

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 7:21 pm
He would definitely side with me and I would definitely side with him.

tweety1

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Oh, boy. For years this was a HUGE source of stress in our marriage. Finally, someone got through to DH and now he is always on my side. Always, always, always has my back. Can't tell you how different (better) the marriage is now. It really isn't about wrong or right. It's about knowing that one person who matters most will always go to bat for you.

This! BH it was never really an issue in our marriage. But we're always on each other's side. Always.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 7:25 pm

It’s usually better to not to ask your dh to go to bat against his family.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 7:35 pm
My DH's sister is a very sweet and easygoing person. I've never had a conflict with her. If I did someday, it would almost certainly be my fault and not hers, because that's the kind of person she is.

My MIL is a very good person and a loving mother and grandmother, whom my children are lucky to have. She does sometimes push boundaries, but BH my husband sides with me. We spend a lot of time with my in-laws, and DH appreciates my contributions and concessions, so when I do put my foot down occasionally, he backs me up.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 8:39 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
It’s usually better to not to ask your dh to go to bat against his family.

1. I'm his family too, and more so.
2. I don't have to ask. It's automatic. He's an amazing and respectful son, and I get along well with his parents and siblings; nobody is at war. But on the occasion where he has to pick a side, it's mine. Nothing to think about.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 8:44 pm
1. I'm his family too, and more so..

Exactly, that’s why it’s not a great battle to pick, unless absolutely necessary.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 12:19 am
I have a hard time with this from the other side.

How do you take your DH's side when you feel he is absolutely wrong???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics