Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did you have a personal encounter w/ Rebb. Esther Jungreis?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 9:12 pm
I’m reading Rebbetzin Jungreis’s “Committed Life” and feel very inspired by her stories.

I would love to know: was anyone on here personally impacted by Rebbetzin Jungreis z”l?

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 9:18 pm
I went to her classes a few times. She was quite the powerhouse. But no, didn't know her personally.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 9:20 pm
I heard her speak once to a group of young people in Israel. Afterwards, I went over to her to say thank you - there were a lot of people who were talking to her, but she smiled at me and held my hand the whole time while she was talking to the others, until it was my turn! There was so much love and warmth in that handshake and I’ll remember it forever Smile

watergirl

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 9:39 pm
Yes. She spoke at an ncsy convention that I attended as staff when I was engaged. She gave out her book to everyone and signed for anyone who wanted. I told her I was engaged and asked her to address it to me and my chasson. She would not. She insisted it was just to me... a few years later I was divorced and I feel like she knew something then. I still have that book. I don’t think I would have kept it had it had his name in it as well.

ila

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 10:25 pm
Yes Also went to thank you after a shiur and remember how she hold my hand in such a loving manner and also how soft her hand were!
Beautiful shiur also!!!

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 10:28 pm
I was very inspired by her. She was amazing.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 10:32 pm
I met her when I was a teen she was very stylish with a nice short blonde sheitel and nice clothing and was friendly

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:33 pm
Yes! My son married her wonderful granddaughter Smile)

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 1:34 am
I SAW THERE IS A NEW BOOK OUT, ON REBITZIN JUNGREIS LIFE BY RABBI NACHMAN SELTZER (I think)

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:13 am
Rebbetzin Jungreis gave me my Hebrew name. I met her when I was first becoming religious, and when she asked me my Hebrew name I told her my parents didn't give me one. She held my hands for a long moment, and then told me my name and gematria, and said "Go look it up."

The name is absolutely perfect for me, and explains so much about my life!

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 4:01 am
Yes

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I heard her speak once to a group of young people in Israel. Afterwards, I went over to her to say thank you - there were a lot of people who were talking to her, but she smiled at me and held my hand the whole time while she was talking to the others, until it was my turn! There was so much love and warmth in that handshake and I’ll remember it forever Smile

I had a similar experience. I heard her speak at an event. The topic wasn't particularly relevant and I don't remember anything that she said. Afterwards, ppl were going over to her, but I wasn't planning to do so. I'm not the type that goes running to rebbetzins. However, as I saw ppl coming back looking really moved, I figured why not...
I went over to her and just as you describe, she took my hand and held it between her two hands as she said a few words and gave me a bracha. Their was incredible energy flowing from her hand into mine, of pure ahavas Yisroel. I could literally feel the love, and after I walked away, I continued feeling that energy of love for the rest of the night. It was an incredible, moving experience that is difficult to describe. It gave me an understanding of stories we hear of some rebbes/tzaddikim who were overflowing with love for other Yidden. Helped me to understand why ppl were drawn to them and just how powerful true ahavas yisroel can be.
It's an experience I'll never forget and inspires me to strive to walking around in this world with just a fraction of that level of love for others.
May sharing this memory and her ahavas yisroel be an aliya for her neshama.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:29 pm
I met her twice, very briefly. She had a way of making you feel very special, even though the encounters were short.

The first time, she blessed me to find my husband. (It so happened that my future husband was at that same event, and she gave him a blessing to find his wife. We had dated before, and broken up, and did see each other at this event, and greeted each other.) Shortly after this, we started dating again, and got engaged, and married before the end of the year.

About a year later, we encountered her again as a married couple. We told her our story, and she politely said she remembered giving us a bracha. (She may or may not have remembered us, as we are one couple of many she would have met, but that was pretty special for us.) I still have three of her signed books. (I don't have the first one, though I have read it a few times.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics