Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My ds picked up a new joke in yeshiva

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 10:55 pm
My 4-year-old ds came home chanting:
Knock knock. Who's there? Donald Trumps's underwear!

First I thought it was really cute.
Then I realized that he picked it up from another kid who probably heard what his parents thought of President Trump.

I wonder if parents realize how much their kids absorb from their conversations.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 10:58 pm
Seriously, don't worry about this. I don't mean this in a condescending way, but I'm assuming he's your oldest.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:01 pm
Kids that age just think underwear is funny. The reference to the president is completely beside the point.

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:06 pm
Oldest preschool joke ever. In my day it was “Mickey mouse’s underwear”

amother
Green

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:06 pm
When I grew up (40+ years ago) this was Knock knock. Who's there? Micky Mouse's underwear!

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:07 pm
Another green we cross posted!

amother
Green

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:11 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Another green we cross posted!

Ha.

OP - the issue with kids and Trump is that many of us don't want our kids to hear what he is saying - forget what people are saying about him.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:30 pm
My daughter (turning 4 in May) also has a new joke. It goes like this.

Knock knock
Who’s there
Mickey mouse’s underwear
Mickey mouse’s underwear who
Cow (as in interrupting cow)

applesbananas

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I wonder if parents realize how much their kids absorb from their conversations.

More like- I wonder if older brothers and sisters realize how much kids absorb from their conversations...

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 12:49 am
I highly doubt the kid heard this knock knock joke from his parents! This is a real kid “joke “.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:28 am
I think it's a distasteful joke. Not because I'm fond of Trump. Since he is the official president of the United States of America, a country that gives us a safe place to live and openly practice Judaism, underwear jokes are very disrespectful towards the authorative leader of this country, regardless of who it is.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 1:01 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Oldest preschool joke ever. In my day it was “Mickey mouse’s underwear”

Mickey mouse in the house pulling down his undies, quick mom smack his bum that's the end of that one.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 1:26 pm
Well. My 4 year old.came home using the f word when he get mad at someone. Surprised

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 4:15 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I think it's a distasteful joke. Not because I'm fond of Trump. Since he is the official president of the United States of America, a country that gives us a safe place to live and openly practice Judaism, underwear jokes are very disrespectful towards the authorative leader of this country, regardless of who it is.
You are reading WAAAAAAAAY toooooo much into this JOKE. Its a joke, not meant to hurt anyone.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Well. My 4 year old.came home using the f word when he get mad at someone. Surprised

My kids learnt the F word from neighborhood non Jews fighting in the street. Once in middle of a meal with guests my little brother asked loudly "Ta, what does F mean?????"

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:00 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

I totally get where you’re coming from, but I agree with shabbat, you are over analyzing. I don’t think the kids mean anything by it. It’s just a knock knock joke.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:41 pm
One Shabbat while my husband was saying kiddish my 6 yr old son said "imma I know how to curse with my hand" then he flipped us the the bird.

Me and my husband burst out laughing (it wasn't funny but it caught us off guard)

He went to kabalat Shabbat with my husband and learned that from some kids in shul.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers