Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Torah Times list Vasikin megillah readings for Women

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 1:20 pm
Hi
In Brooklyn
I did not get to pick up a Torah Times for this week to see the Vasikin (early morning) megillah reading times on Purim for women.
Boropark, Midwood, and/or Flatbush.
If anyone can screenshot for me and post here or PM me it would be a big help.
Thanks so much
Simchat Purim!

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 4:13 pm
Bump

doctorima

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 4:37 pm
I didn't see the TT either, but if you're more specific about what time megillah reading you're looking for and what part of Brooklyn, hopefully we can help you out. And do you specifically want a vasikin minyan, because there are even earlier readings if that's what you're trying to find?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 4:39 pm
I'm not the OP but I would also like info for the midwood/marine park area for earlier megillah

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:07 pm
It doesn't have to specifically be Vasikin.
I am flexible with timing and I don't think I need earlier than Vasikin. Now that I think of it though, since they moved the clock last night the zman this year is an hour later than it usually is right? Normally we move the clock after Purim?
Megillah reading should begin 7:00 am for the earliest that's feasible to me or beginning 8:00 am which I think would be the latest. I can perhaps even do 8:15 it it's a quick reading but that's cutting it close.
I can go between Avenues I and P between McDonald and Ocean Parkway, or up to 16th Avenue and higher numbers in Boro Park.
I drive so location need not be exactly in that range. I would prefer a list of many options so I can go to the earliest place I can when I am ready in the morning and I don't know before exactly when that will be.
That's why I asked for a screenshot.
Thank you.

amother
White

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:08 pm
The last few years the clock was moved before purim.

doctorima

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:26 pm
Landau's has a 6:45 vasikin minyan with megillah at 7:30, and the ezras nashim will be open. It's at 9th and L, just slightly outside of your specified borders. I'm sure there will be other minyanim with similar zmanim in that area, but I'm not familiar with them. If you do find one, make sure that the women's section will be open and not in use for a later men's minyan.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:11 pm
Does anyone know if there is early Megillah reading near ave I and McDonald ave?

mig100

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:20 pm
I just took a picture of it to post. I can't get it to upload. Every time I try it says uploading and doesn't post. I'm on a phone. Any ideas?

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:31 pm
Testing for mig100 to upload attachment from my phone.

P.s. I am testing with a screenshot of a scam I received today pretending to be chase and scaring me into clicking on a phishing link.
I thankfully did not fall for it.

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:47 pm
mig100 wrote:
I just took a picture of it to post. I can't get it to upload. Every time I try it says uploading and doesn't post. I'm on a phone. Any ideas?

Thanks so much mig100. I really appreciate it.
I tested it out and here's how it works:
First have the screenshots saved in your phone image gallery before trying to post a reply.
Next hit "post reply" on this thread (not quick reply). Next click on the hyperlink below the 4 buttons (I think they are quote, bold, YouTube and Images,) that says "upload images".
Then click the upload button.
Then click on files, and then "images" from the directory in files, then select the screenshot or screenshots you would like to upload (not sure if it lets several at a time but I would imagine it should).
Then do not click the upload button again.
Rather, in the text box near the upload button a link will automatically display. I think the beginning of it might include the words "fakepath". Do not copy that link.
Rather, just below that text box there is another less noticeable link, listed as a hyperlink. Do not click on it to follow it, rather select the text of that hyperlink (should have imgur as part of the text I think) and then copy the text (on my phone there is a tear dropped shape blue little symbol that comes up anytime I select any text on the phone, and I have to click on it then click on "copy").
Then hit the back button on your phone and it will take you back to the "post reply" page where the text you typed should still be there or you can still add it on.
Then click the "images" button that's the right side one of the 4 buttons listed right beneath the post reply text box (not a hyperlink).
Then paste the link into the space provided (on my phone when I press down in that space for about 2 seconds the paste option comes up for me to click on).
Then post that image.
I have an android phone so if you have an iPhone not sure if these instructions help you.
Also if you are accessing the link to this thread update from a Gmail alert saying a user has posted a reply, then before going through any of the above, first click the 3 little dots on the top right corner of the page and select the option from the bottom of the list that says "open in Chrome" or whatever browser you want. I doubt accessing it while still only under the Gmail app without a browser will work as well. You can also simply search for this thread on imamother.com while on a browser.
Also from my experience it's always better to have any images presaved from before for any mobile or online uploads as I find when choosing the "camera" option to take the photo on the spot it freezes up the CPU of the device or computer and can just end up freezing or crashing (this issue is across the board, not just on imamother.com)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:17 pm
I can email it to you. Would you like to pm me an email address? Can be an anonymous email too

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:45 pm
Thanks Amelia

mig100

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:34 pm
C:\fakepath\20200308_232838.jpg

mig100

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:50 pm
Di dnt work I can try if I have a chance when I'm by a co.puter
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics