Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone successfully cancel & get refund elal to Israel

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:32 pm
Has anyone successfully canceled a ticket to Israel because they would be quarantined upon arrival and get a full refund from Elal? (coming from NY)

Would be very grateful for any experiences over the last few days...thanks!

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:37 pm
Israel has not yet announced any quarantine/isolation measures for those entering from the States. It's all speculation for now. A decision is likely going to be made tomorrow. I imagine you'll only qualify for a refund if and when such measures are introduced.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:39 pm
three people who returned from aipec have it and are quarintined in isreal

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:42 pm
So there are absolutely no restrictions on anyone coming in from NY, even if they had been on AIPAC etc - they can attend events and simchas...?
All the restrictions that I am hearing about and that if you had been at AIPAC or contact with someone working in one of the closed schools, etc have to be in self quarantine or cannot attend simchas- all this is not true?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 3:45 pm
I just got full refund on el al to Belgium

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 4:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So there are absolutely no restrictions on anyone coming in from NY, even if they had been on AIPAC etc - they can attend events and simchas...?
All the restrictions that I am hearing about and that if you had been at AIPAC or contact with someone working in one of the closed schools, etc have to be in self quarantine or cannot attend simchas- all this is not true?

They are mulling over a 2-week mandatory quarantine for anyone coming from NY, WA, or CA, but have not made it official (yet?).

chanchy123

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Anyone who attended AIPAC and arrived in Israel prior to March 5 does not need to be quarantined but anyone who attended AIPAC or any other intl or large conferences and arrived after March 5 must self isolate for 14 days regardless of the country they were coming from.
Anyone arriving from anywhere outside Israel in the past 14 days (and onward) cannot attend a gathering of more than 100 people. Self isolation for anyone arriving from abroad is most probably imminent.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:46 pm
El al just canceled a flight from ny to Israel

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 8:36 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
El al just canceled a flight from ny to Israel

Which one? There was a flight that was delayed due to a mechanical issue but it was fixed and just left.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics