Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Change padding on seats on kitchen chairs in Lakewood

chocolate2020

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:54 pm
Where can I go to change the padding on the seat of my kitchen chairs in Lakewood? Do you know how much it would cost? Here is the type of chair I'm referring to:

zcc

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 8:34 pm
The fabric store on county line off Clifton.

tymama

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 8:35 pm
I did mine at Katz. They changed entire seat for like $40 each I think. This was a few tears ago so could be went up by now

cbg

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:22 pm
Do a quick google search
You may be able to DIY

https://www.california-chiavar.....8.htm

Just screw it on yourself

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 12:32 pm
I did this myself for my dining room chairs a couple of years ago. Believe it or night, I found nice, contemporary fabric I liked in...Walmart. I bought the plastic to cover it at Center of Town. I did it chair by chair, and it did not cost much. Still lasting nicely several years later.

If you do it yourself, make sure to by a medium grade plastic that is flexible and bends easily at the corners. Watch a few youtubes, and you will get the hang of it. You need a staple gun, a good screw-driver or drill to unscrew, fabric, and plastic for covering.

penguin

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:42 pm
Stitch and Sew will sell you the padding, I believe they will also cut to size if you want to do it yourself.

I did it as a project for my dining room chairs when DH was on vacation to help me with the staple gun. Although it's electric you do have to put some force into holding down the gun, and ideally you should have one person to hold the fabric taut with two hands while another person does the gun with two hands. (Also if you're prone to carpal tunnel... don't try it!)

You can also try Rocky's Restoration (732) 301-4619
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars