Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Does a morah need to give mm to students?
1  2  Next

lovingmommy3417

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:23 am
I am a daycare morah. Is it normal for the morah to make shalach manos for the students? I'm practically getting bashed by my coworker bec I didnt plan to give them anything. I live oot btw. (My son who is in my daycare is making mm for his friends btw)

teachkids

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:26 am
I would have something like a lollypop to give any students who come to drop off for me.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:27 am
Nobody needs to give to anybody in particular and I can't recall my kids ever getting from their teachers.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:27 am
If you're almost getting bashed, that might be an indication that it is the norm in your town. At least prepare a bowl of lollies. What if kids come and you have nothing to give back?? Be prepared!

sky

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:29 am
Most kids who are dropping something off would be very disappointed not to get in return.
My preschool children have gotten a cookie from the morah and were very happy with that.
It doesn’t have to be MM - but something would be nice.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:29 am
The morah's here gave a little nosh in cute packaging. If the kids are on drugs two then just make a gragger with them and they’ll be just as happy.
IMO you totally don’t need to.

lovingmommy3417

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
If you're almost getting bashed, that might be an indication that it is the norm in your town. At least prepare a bowl of lollies. What if kids come and you have nothing to give back?? Be prepared!

I dont think this person knows what's the norm....
I've also been a morah for 8 years and never given.... I just wanted to know what others did. My husband and my brother in law are teachers and they dont give mm to students.

lovingmommy3417

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:32 am
sky wrote:
Most kids who are dropping something off would be very disappointed not to get in return.
My preschool children have gotten a cookie from the morah and were very happy with that.
It doesn’t have to be MM - but something would be nice.

My son is giving to them bec they are his friends... is that enough or I should give something from me?

Flip Flops

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:33 am
I would say to have something just in case.
Your student will be very disappointed if he/she comes to give you mm and you give nothing in return.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:38 am
Iymnok wrote:
The morah's here gave a little nosh in cute packaging. If the kids are on drugs two then just make a gragger with them and they’ll be just as happy.
IMO you totally don’t need to.

I'm sure this was an autocorrect for something, I'm just trying to figure out what!!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:43 am
My kids always got from all teachers. I've never heard of teachers not giving to students. Kids come give and you don't give anything back? That's weird.

observer

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:52 am
groovy1224 wrote:
I'm sure this was an autocorrect for something, I'm just trying to figure out what!!

Lol, I also cracked up from that! (No pun intended!)

I think it was supposed to say "If the kids are under two..."

observer

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:53 am
I have never seen a teacher not give mm to students. All my kids teachers give, some when you go to them, and some in school. It doesn't have to be big or fancy.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:54 am
I typically give some sort of treat but nothing fancy.

lovingmommy3417

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:03 pm
Ok. So sounds like I should give something.
My question now is if all my students are my sons friends is that enough? That my son gives them when they come?

mommyhood

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:11 pm
I would assume this is location dependent. Where I live every Morah for kids ages 2 and up prepares shaloch manos for the kids. Some give them out in school and some have the kids come to them on Purim. Administratorsa and principals or teachers of one subject who teach many classes usually give out one nosh rather than a full shaloch manos to anyone who comes to them on Purim.
If your son is in your class and giving to everyone you don't need to give twice. I would write from both of you on the label if it won't upset your son.

sub

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:14 pm
lovingmommy3417 wrote:
Ok. So sounds like I should give something.
My question now is if all my students are my sons friends is that enough? That my son gives them when they come?

Add another item and say it’s from both of you.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:16 pm
The kids are all so excited to go to their morah because they want to get a nosh. Please have something prepared. I remember that was the most exciting part about going to your teacher. It could be a cookie or a lolly or a gragger it doesnt matter what they just feel like a million dollars when they get something from the person they look so much up to

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:23 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
The kids are all so excited to go to their morah because they want to get a nosh. Please have something prepared. I remember that was the most exciting part about going to your teacher. It could be a cookie or a lolly or a gragger it doesnt matter what they just feel like a million dollars when they get something from the person they look so much up to

This, so much. They'll remember the warm feeling of connection long after the candy is gone or the gragger is broken.

lovingmommy3417

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:35 pm
Thanks everyone for your input:) I'll probably end up giving everyone a lollipop in addition to my son's mm.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics