Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shabbos "robes" for little boys-summer?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:02 am
Has anyone found shabbos sets for little boys?

I bought velvet ones this past winter for my little ones and it was so easy (on erev shabbos straight thru motzai, looks shabbosdik).

I haven't seen summer ones anywhere?

amother
Green

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:04 am
Lulu
Pastel
The lingerie shop
I saw at all three stores.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:08 am
Shirt stop has a bunch online.
I will say that I don't love the summer options the last few years. When my older boys were little the summer Shabbos pajamas were more Shabbosdik designs but still soft and comfortable. The ones I see now are not that different than what I put on during the week.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:14 am
I've very curious. Can someone show a link of what a robe for a boy looks like? I've never heard of this before.

Google Images is failing me. I get pictures of girls in dresses, and boys in Purim costumes.

mochamix18

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:29 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I've very curious. Can someone show a link of what a robe for a boy looks like? I've never heard of this before.

Google Images is failing me. I get pictures of girls in dresses, and boys in Purim costumes.

LOL LOL LOL You and mean both FF. Technically I knew what they meant, just never heard shabbos jammies for boys referred to as “robes”

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:39 am
Yeah it's funny to call them robes, that's why I put it in quotes. But that's what the lady in designer spot called it when I asked for boys shabbos sets, so I figured I'd go with it.

I'm going to check those websites but I was hoping not to spend more than $25 a pair. (That's what I spent in the winter.)

Eta, just checked Lulu's website calls them 2 pieced robes. Very Happy

watergirl

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah it's funny to call them robes, that's why I put it in quotes. But that's what the lady in designer spot called it when I asked for boys shabbos sets, so I figured I'd go with it.

I'm going to check those websites but I was hoping not to spend more than $25 a pair. (That's what I spent in the winter.)

Eta, just checked Lulu's website calls them 2 pieced robes. Very Happy

Ha! I had to look at that myself because I had never heard of this! I guessed at the website so I think this is it... https://lulukidsclothing.com/c.....2ls73

If I'm right, wow, that kid does NOT look happy! This is not anything I would put my boys in and its not something they would wear if I tried! Whats with all black for kids? In the summer? And kids not smiling in modeling photos?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:59 am
watergirl wrote:
Ha! I had to look at that myself because I had never heard of this! I guessed at the website so I think this is it... https://lulukidsclothing.com/c.....2ls73

If I'm right, wow, that kid does NOT look happy! This is not anything I would put my boys in and its not something they would wear if I tried! Whats with all black for kids? In the summer? And kids not smiling in modeling photos?

My DS wouldn't either be smiling if he was wearing that Laugh

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:01 pm
watergirl wrote:

Surprised

You know what that kid is thinking?

"I will kill you in your sleep."

You know you're not doing it for your kids, you're doing it for yourself. Dressing them up like dolls, or Chihuahuas. Yeesh! (I feel the same way about matching everything.)

Why do frum people torture their kids like this? What's wrong with wearing normal clothing, or calling it pajamas? Maybe they do it so they can double the prices.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:07 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Surprised

You know what that kid is thinking?

"I will kill you in your sleep."

You know you're not doing it for your kids, you're doing it for yourself. Dressing them up like dolls, or Chihuahuas. Yeesh! (I feel the same way about matching everything.)

Why do frum people torture their kids like this? What's wrong with wearing normal clothing, or calling it pajamas? Maybe they do it so they can double the prices.

Relax, no one is torturing their kids. These are made for kids basically 5 and under. I've never seen older kids wearing these. They're practical and comfortable. Especially for playing outside in the summer.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:08 pm
I could get the same thing for a third the price and give my 6yo a bib.
I think try buying a solid color set then adding the trim yourself.

watergirl

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:12 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Relax, no one is torturing their kids. These are made for kids basically 5 and under. I've never seen older kids wearing these. They're practical and comfortable. Especially for playing outside in the summer.

You are going to put your little kid in all black to play outside in the summer? With long pants? And the ones I linked have to be dried flat, not in a machine, ironed, HAND WASHED before you ever wear them... what of this is practical?

First wash hand wash
Machine wash cold
Wash with like colors
Do not bleach
Flat dry
Iron on reverse side

If you buy them because you like them, enjoy! Wear them in good health! But don't tell me it's practical for pajamas.

Amarante

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:14 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
My DS wouldn't either be smiling if he was wearing that Laugh

The kid looks like every cliche in a movie where there is the spoiled whiny rich kid who doesn't know how to interact with the neighborhood kids.

Generally they are either dressed in white sailor suits or they are dressed in gray flannel shorts with knee socks LOL

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:19 pm
https://boytique.com/boys/clot......html

moonstone

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:24 pm
Why would you let your kids play outside wearing pajamas???

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:29 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
https://boytique.com/boys/clothing/pajamas-robes.html

That's a bath robe, and totally normal. I'm wondering what a "Shabbos robe" is, and why it would be worn outside. I'm pretty sure people don't send their little kids outside to play in bath robes (of course, I've been wrong before. You never know...)

Nothing says "Summer" like black velour, right? Especially in Israel. Sunny Sunny Sunny

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Green

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:31 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
https://boytique.com/boys/clothing/pajamas-robes.html

These are all pajamas, not boys 2 piece robes.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:32 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
That's a bath robe, and totally normal. I'm wondering what a "Shabbos robe" is, and why it would be worn outside. I'm pretty sure people don't send their little kids outside to play in bath robes (of course, I've been wrong before. You never know...)

It's basically a nice comfortable cotton 2 piece for little boys. Like the one that was posted from lulu.

Shuly

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:35 pm
Look up VAENAIT BABY on Amazon.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:42 pm
Hi op, is that any different from a shabbos pajama?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics