Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
HELP! Need hamentash fillings!
Previous  1  2

top mom

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 10:59 am
A lot of these filling ideas sound delicious, but cholent takes the "Cake"
I hope someone sends them to us for Mishloach Manos 😋

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 3:26 pm
DrMom wrote:
Beto O'Rourke-taschen?

If it's too intense, you can simply use a unique fruit from each place.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 3:50 pm
Would you be yotzei if you shape the fresh rolls for the seuda into a hamentash shape and fill it with onions, sautéed vegetables, liver or pastrami?
What about hamentash shaped kreplach?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 4:07 pm
I used cranberry sauce for my filling and it tasted delish! Seriously, I can’t believe noone mentioned it yet.
Though some of these ideas really take the cake. Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 11:43 pm
On behalf of myself, DH, and the entire world which was helped by this selfless act, THANK YOU!

I was able to finish all 127 flavors of hamentashen before DH came back from minyan. He ever-so-sweetly even offered to show the kids a Purim video for 15 minutes so I could take a nap, since he with his incisive mind figured out that I hadn't gotten a chance to sleep.

Between taking the kids around to deliver Shalach Manos, getting to a Megillah reading, and preparing the seudah, I was able to peek as DH ate each individual hamentash with tremendous kavanah, and make notes on which country it represented. He then made a lechaim to that country, blessing it with health, a stable economy, and safety!

I did not have a chance to read through the entire list, but I saw that he placed the falafel hamentashen as the country of Israel. Clever, right? And the cholent hamentash for America. I could swoon over his mammoth understanding!

Unfortunately, after 127 lechaims, his stomach was unable to hold its contents fully, so, if you pardon my TMI, 127 varied hamentashen and bottles of Johnny Walker, Grey Goose, Crown Royale, Corona Extra, and Teal Lake Moscato are now lying on the floor in a slightly less appetizing format.

I'm hoping that after the headache and hangover wear off he will find a source in halacha that states that his eating of the hamentashen was still valid. Otherwise, I will feel just terrible!

I hope your Purims were equally inspiring. And DH said that the potato kugel hamentashen were just brilliant!

He also sends regards to the holy Rav ZZZ, although DH feels that he MIGHT be slightly more humble than the Ravl

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 12:18 am
Quote:
I hope your Purims were equally inspiring. And DH said that the potato kugel hamentashen were just brilliant! 

I am so glad I could help. At my Purim seuda this afternoon (in the holy city of Yerushalayim) I had been planning on serving potato kugel in it's normal format. But you have just inspired me to turn it into kugel hamentashen. I hope my guests find it as equally inspiring as your husband. Though perhaps without the after effects.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics