Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What are people thinking??????
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:32 am
Seriously!!! I saw a very pregnant lady dressed up as a gumball machine. She wore a tight white shell exposing her perfectly round large stomach. She stuck on pom poms on her stomach for gumballs; was like a ball of pom poms. It looked awful and so distasteful. Do people have no seichel?????

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:34 am
That sounds adorable. Why does everyone have to subscribe to what you think is tasteful?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:35 am
That actually sounds hilarious, and very creative!

I would have dressed the kids as other types of candies to complete the theme.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:36 am
This post serves no purpose other than to embarrass the woman you are describing. Please consider deleting it.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:37 am
Off topic a bit, do people get all freaked out when men decide to wear a dress, wig, and lipstick on Purim? I have seen so many guys do this! Lady

sequoia

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:38 am
Someone posted on a fb group that she wanted to do this.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:39 am
That sounds so cute!

OP if it’s not your taste then don’t do it. That’s all.

malki2

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:40 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Off topic a bit, do people get all freaked out when men decide to wear a dress, wig, and lipstick on Purim? I have seen so many guys do this! Lady

It’s actually very halachically questionable to do that. AFAIK most authorities if not all do not allow full dress up as member of the opposite gender, even on Purim.

cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:41 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
That actually sounds hilarious, and very creative!

I would have dressed the kids as other types of candies to complete the theme.

I would love to do this. (But can't imagine getting myself together)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:43 am
sounds perfect for someone who carries with a perfectly round large belly (I'm sure you meant belly).

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seriously!!! I saw a very pregnant lady dressed up as a gumball machine. She wore a tight white shell exposing her perfectly round large stomach. She stuck on pom poms on her stomach for gumballs; was like a ball of pom poms. It looked awful and so distasteful. Do people have no seichel?????
Im sorry, but what in the world is distasteful about that?
I find it very cute when pregnant women use their pregnant bellies in their costumes. I think its very resourceful and cute .
Why awful? And, no, this lady has lots of sechel, to be able to USE her bump.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:46 am
It would be cute if it would be done in a tasteful way. Not when the shape of the stomach is perfectly exposed by a tight top. Sorry, it's the opposite of tzenuis for a frum women. We don't wear tight clothing that exposes the shapes of our body parts perfectly. Especially maternity.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:46 am
I saw a couple of pregnant women that wore inappropriate t-shirts. I understand you op.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:47 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry, but what in the world is distasteful about that?
I find it very cute when pregnant women use their pregnant bellies in their costumes. I think its very resourceful and cute .
Why awful? And, no, this lady has lots of sechel, to be able to USE her bump.

Sorry, secular people draw attention to their bump. It didn't think frum women would do the same. Dress up their stomach? Seriously??

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:48 am
malki2 wrote:
It’s actually very halachically questionable to do that. AFAIK most authorities if not all do not allow full dress up as member of the opposite gender, even on Purim.

Then let the guys wear pants under the dress or man shoes. There now they aren't dressed as ladies completely

Rappel

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:49 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

It grosses me out every time. I've never said anything to anyone, but I think it's completely inappropriate, even if you do find a strain of halacha which would permit it.

shmosmom

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:49 am
I understand why you don't like it, and I don't know if I love it either, but therefore I just wouldn't do it. I wouldn't come on imamother and bash a random woman. That's more distasteful.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:50 am
I was that pregnant gumball machine 2 years ago. With my last pregnancy ever. Trying to play it up just a little because it was the last time I could. My kids and hubby were other types of nosh to join the theme.

Thanks for judging me.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry, secular people draw attention to their bump. It didn't think frum women would do the same. Dress up their stomach? Seriously??

Exactly. It’s a lack of tznius imo.
Adult men dressing as women is just gross.

Rappel

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:52 am
shmosmom wrote:
I understand why you don't like it, and I don't know if I love it either, but therefore I just wouldn't do it. I wouldn't come on imamother and bash a random woman. That's more distasteful.

And Shmosmom hits the nail on the head!
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics