Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going to Vegas

amother

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 11:34 am
Do you know how many hours flight it is from NY to Vegas?
Any kosher restaurants there?
do you think it is safe to fly 30 weeks pregnant?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 11:42 am
the flight is bet 5-6 hours
there are alot of restaurants, I googled chabad of las vegas and there is a list on there website. We were just there last week.
Ask your DR if it is OK to fly at 30 weeks.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 1:26 pm
6 hours going, 4.5 coming back. If you are going for business, I highly recommend you stay in the hotel of the convention. It will be a lot easier to navigate yourself.

I highly recommend Panini Café, dairy. The food is heavenly. For meat, you Have “Sababa” a shwarma style place, and a restaurant type, I forgot the name.

Rent a car with a GPS, it’s a lot cheaper than taxis. The weather is a only a few degrees lower than NY so dress the usual. Be aware that if you are going for fun, there is very little you can do if you don’t enjoy slot machines and boobs.

Bring me back a keychain.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 1:27 pm
I forgot to mention that smoking is allowed all over, so your eyes will be red and dry and you will realize that your sinus will be full and painful. You might want to take a long some herbal oils for your sinus, luckily I did and B’h it helped a lot.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 1:34 pm
mahpitom,which airline did you go with?
how much was the ticket?

MahPitom

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 1:38 pm
um, Delta? I have no idea. DH arranged everything. Was cheap I think, off-season.

Lani22

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 1:53 pm
I also loved Panini Cafe and Sababa. There is also a pizza shop and I think another Israeli grill type place. We stuck with Panini and Sababa both delicious and very inexpensive. We saw 3 shows-
Cirque De Soleil- O
Mamma Mia - at the Mandelay Bay
Gordie Brown- a one man comedy show at the Venetian Hotel.
I would definately suggest that you buy tickets online for shows before you go.
We Stayed at The Hotel at Mandelay Bay. It was Super luxerious and very very inexpensive.
www.thehotelatmandalaybay.com
We flew Continental from Newark. The flight was 5 hours going there and 4 hours coming back.

su7kids

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
mahpitom,which airline did you go with?
how much was the ticket?

Jet Blue flies into Las Vegas.
www.jetblue.com

Its very cold in the evenings, now, and warm in the sun. I honestly don't think its as cold as New York (at least it wasn't last January when we were there).

ss321

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 2:24 pm
Sababa I also think was great. Where is Panini Cafe? too bad. I guess I didnt catch that.
we brought alot of our own food, because we didnt want to spend the money to rent a car and have to be driving to restaurants. so we bought like meal mart double wrapped stuff, osem soups, and also theres a cofffee bean (but its chalav stam by the way I think), and we had that along with their cookes and cakes which are all under the california vaad. its in the venetian and we went thre for breakfast eery morning
we stayed in the venetian and it was gorgeous
we flew united (or usair?), it was a "united package" the hotel and the plane together.

O was good but some men might not like it. my dh hated it was like too "artsy" and with dance and music and all that for him.

There is a newer hotel called the Wynn its gorgeous it was fun to just check out hte stores

also theres a gigantic mall in the venetian if youre interested. like 2x the size of jersey gardens I think

the hotel "paris" is cute you can ride to the top of a fake eiffel tower you can see the whole strip from up there and take pix and stuff

there are lots of magic shows but were not so into that so we skipped it

Gordie Brown was hilarious. I second that too! we were rolling. there were lots of jews in the audience I remember that.

30 wks you can fly. but check w/ your ob just to make sure. also if you LOOK really big and far along, and you "look" like 9 months at 30 wks, you should get a note from your doctor saying shes my patient, shes this far along, that way airlines dont give you a hard time

and yes someone mentioned the smoke. its really really annoying and its everywhere. so just be aware.

catonmylap

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 11:45 pm
There are absolutely amazing, gorgeous parks not that far from Vegas. Get out and see nature! We went to the Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon and a couple more parks. I know you can't hike at 30 weeks, but you can see a lot just driving through in the car and stopping at look out points.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics