Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
On the other side of crazy food purchases

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:06 pm
We're extremely tight at the moment and literally are buying the basic that we need as we go along.

Most people are stocking up thinking that there may be a shortage. Some supermarkets near me are out of toilet paper, pasta etc

I'm really reall scared that when I need to buy for supper this coming week there wont be anything for me.

I cant go and buy as we litrally only have a couple $ (not dollars but my currency shall remain anonymous!) in our account.

What am I supposed to do. My cupboards are pretty much empty:(

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:08 pm
I was thinking of all the people in your situation. Are there any cheap things you can try to stick up? (Bean and barley?)

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:08 pm
I don't think they will literally sell out of everything. So instead of buying pasta you'll buy rice. Or beans. Or flour to make rolls. There will always be something available.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:17 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I was thinking of all the people in your situation. Are there any cheap things you can try to stick up? (Bean and barley?)

So I've not been shopping yet to see what they do have - my friends have been saying there are no pasta, wipes, some sized nappies etc and when I say a few dollars in my account I'm not exaggerating, I could probably buy 3 packs of barley before my card gets declined TMI

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:21 pm
While people are stocking up, I'm not seeing widespread and endemic shortages of staples like pasta and rice. The shelves are low; the shelves are refilled.

Do you really want to stockpile before Pesach?

It will all be fine.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:23 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
While people are stocking up, I'm not seeing widespread and endemic shortages of staples like pasta and rice. The shelves are low; the shelves are refilled.

Do you really want to stockpile before Pesach?

It will all be fine.

I dont want a stockpile I just want enough to feed my family each week.

I hope your right that it'll be okay!

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:29 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I don't think they will literally sell out of everything. So instead of buying pasta you'll buy rice. Or beans. Or flour to make rolls. There will always be something available.

Not sure if you understand that in some areas there literally is not always something available. Some places people are so panicked they're sharing pictures of literally empty supermarkets.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:34 pm
seeker wrote:
Not sure if you understand that in some areas there literally is not always something available. Some places people are so panicked they're sharing pictures of literally empty supermarkets.

I'm sorry of that's the case for op. I have not seen pictures of empty supermarkets.

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:36 pm
If you go first thing in the morning there will probably be fuller shelves. I find that a lot of the items that go first are the lower priced items, so the regular pasta is all gone but there is still gourmet pasta left.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I've not been shopping yet to see what they do have - my friends have been saying there are no pasta, wipes, some sized nappies etc and when I say a few dollars in my account I'm not exaggerating, I could probably buy 3 packs of barley before my card gets declined TMI

I'm so sorry. That's scary. I'm in a similar situation. Hashem should help us.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:08 pm
We're having the same issue over here. More than no money is that we just don't have the space to store tons of stuff. My sil said there was no toilet paper or wipes left in supermarkets last night! They are rationing things but for us ppl that only stock up when we need there is often non left.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics