Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Mishloach Manos

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:50 am
My son in 3rd grade is K'AH really starting to come into his own socially. I am grateful to hashem that the years he really struggled the most were the ones where he was little enough to not fully understand the ways he was left out. I was sad but really he didnt know better or care. We have a long journey of social awareness since he was play group age. Fast forward to this year, the boys seemed genuinely happy to see him. I decided in honor of the occasion he should pay it forward and think of someone in his class who may not be getting many or any and we will go there and bring to him.

I think even a kid who is not Mr Popular and never will be can be a giver. It was such a positive experience for him to extend himself for someone else. I want him to understand that purim is about kindness and inclusivity and not just sticking to his chevra. To smile and say freilichin purim and be kind. If your kid is like mine kind of in the middle of the social scene I really recommend doing this next year. It was very empowering for him. I plan on making this a new tradition for our family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)