Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Thank you cards for purim tips?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:42 pm
On Chanukah I always write thank you cards to parents that give money or gifts...

Do you write thank you cards also for cash given on purim ?

Raw

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:54 pm
I think it’s always appropriate to say thank you for a gift, which holiday it is is insignificant.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 2:56 pm
Raw wrote:
I think it’s always appropriate to say thank you for a gift, which holiday it is is insignificant.

Yes you’re right I’m not sure why I’m overthinking this!

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:01 pm
Personally I don't think you need to give a Thank you card for a Thank you present. I typically thank in person . If I wasn't home and they dropped it off I would email .

mommyhood

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:03 pm
As a mother who gives Purim tips I can say that I don't expect a thank you card. I've been giving for years and I only received a personal thank you note one once and felt bad that the teacher had to spend the extra time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:09 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Personally I don't think you need to give a Thank you card for a Thank you present. I typically thank in person . If I wasn't home and they dropped it off I would email .

So this is what someone once told me which is why I think I haven’t written in the past...

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:12 pm
Eta - ignore my post. I misunderstood the question.

I always include a card.

I remember a teenage counselor I knew felt really bad end of camp - some parents did send in tips. But more then the tips he would have really liked a thank you for his effort. (He even said he would have ratcheted the card over the tip)

Rappel

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:12 pm
As a giver, I wouldn't expect a thank you card on Purim. Davka because of matanot leevyonim.

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:26 pm
I think you should. Why not? If you thank in person, then that's enough.

A practical reason to do so, Purim can get hectic and I worry that things got lost or switched around accidentally. I wouldn't mind a confirmation that you got the tip.

(I usually don't send tips past preschool age, only for special circumstances. Am I the only one?)

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:27 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

Then maybe write a "your welcome" card? (LOL)

Chaya123

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:02 pm
I inserted hand written thank you card, along with cash tip, to every one of my children's teachers and principals. It's well deserved and the least I can do to show my hakaros hatov. If I didn't have the cash to give, I would still give the thank you cards. My sister, who's a teacher, told me she received a beautiful thank you card with poem, that she can tell took lots of time and effort, from a parent, although she wasn't able to insert $$ along, but at least she showed her gratitude this way.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
On Chanukah I always write thank you cards to parents that give money or gifts...

Do you write thank you cards also for cash given on purim ?

I don't write cards but I send a text.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:52 pm
I only get a thank you card from my kids teachers on chanuka when everyone chips in for one large gift.

smss

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:55 pm
I'd send a text or email.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:59 pm
A text to thank them is good enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics