Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
People who don't want to hear about coronavirus

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:06 pm
I understand the fear. But please. Don't panic, prepare. This isn't the swine flu.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:08 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I understand the fear. But please. Don't panic, prepare. This isn't the swine flu.

Do you mean Avian Flu?
The swine flu is just another regular flu that goes around annually and is part of the annual flu vaccine...

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:08 pm
ectomorph wrote:

I’m not sure how I’d prepare. I don’t think it makes sense to stock up on food.
I have hand sanitizer.
Now what?

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:28 pm
Not OP but swine flu was a scare during Gerald Ford's administration. It was a false alarm.

I assume OP meant that Coronavirus has already shown this isn't a false alarm and we should follow instructions from reputable sources. Not to panic but to take reasonable measures to protect ourselves and the larger community.

As has been discussed, although we might not be able to stop the virus we can take measures so that huge numbers of people aren't sick all at the same time and thus medical facilities would be over strained. There are only so many ventilators for example.

lovingmommy3417

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:50 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I have hand sanitizer.
Now what?

Why do you feel like it doesnt make sense to stock up on food?
We go extra diapers, wipes, tissues, canned foods and non perishable foods, and other toiletries. I'd rather be prepared in case we need to be quarantined.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 5:26 pm
lovingmommy3417 wrote:
Why do you feel like it doesnt make sense to stock up on food?
We go extra diapers, wipes, tissues, canned foods and non perishable foods, and other toiletries. I'd rather be prepared in case we need to be quarantined.

I’d assume there are still deliveries. Amazon and Walmart for toiletries. All the local grocery stores here deliver.
Even under city quarantine you can shop.
I have pasta and canned food and flour in the house.
Veg and fruit doesn’t last long.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 5:33 pm
In the hundreds of posts about the coronavirus, I don't think I've seen a single person panic.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 5:34 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
In the hundreds of posts about the coronavirus, I don't think I've seen a single person panic.

Meanwhile IRL, people are hoarding TP.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

There are a few posters panicking. Some under their own name. And some as amother.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:24 pm
Amarante wrote:
Not OP but swine flu was a scare during Gerald Ford's administration. It was a false alarm.

I assume OP meant that Coronavirus has already shown this isn't a false alarm and we should follow instructions from reputable sources. Not to panic but to take reasonable measures to protect ourselves and the larger community.

As has been discussed, although we might not be able to stop the virus we can take measures so that huge numbers of people aren't sick all at the same time and thus medical facilities would be over strained. There are only so many ventilators for example.

Exactly

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I have hand sanitizer.
Now what?

It does. The less time spent shopping the better and less chance someone coughed on your stuff.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:46 pm
ectomorph wrote:

I think it’s just too much that there are like 25 threads about it on IMAMOTHER, can’t they just be condensed into a few instead?

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I think it’s just too much that there are like 25 threads about it on IMAMOTHER, can’t they just be condensed into a few instead?

It's a huge topic and it's affecting people in many different ways.

lkwdgirl

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:12 pm
Relax, calm down, chill. The media has hyped this up WAYYYYY to much. Doesn’t anyone see the connection between the name of the virus and a beer brand? It’s a purim hoax Hashem is testing us with

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:46 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:
Relax, calm down, chill. The media has hyped this up WAYYYYY to much. Doesn’t anyone see the connection between the name of the virus and a beer brand? It’s a purim hoax Hashem is testing us with

I don't care if you're stressed but you should prepare

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:01 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:

At least 124,578 cases of COVID-19 and at least 4,584 deaths. Almost 200 deaths in Italy in 24 hours.

I don't find that funny.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:03 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
At least 124,578 cases of COVID-19 and at least 4,584 deaths. Almost 200 deaths in Italy in 24 hours.

I don't find that funny.

About 3-5% mortality worldwide and in Italy 7% today (because they only treat under 60 and no pre existing conditions now)

Do your Pesach shopping, pull your kids out of school and hunker down.

eschaya

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:23 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

I don't find that funny.

Yet the flu has so far killed around 18,000 people this season, and which is not even bad in terms of flu mortality. By way of comparison, in the 2017-2018 year, more than 60,000 people died of flu in the US. We dont panic about the flu because we are familiar with the flu. Coronavirus is scary because it's new (and because the msm is playing it up). Yes, there is reason for concern, but there is no reason for panic.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/.....s.htm

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

I don't find that funny.

It's very tragic.
Maybe the government needs to distribute certain goods so that it can cut down on people going out in public to obtain those things.
Possibly flyers in English and Spanish or whatever language is spoken, need to be put in each mailbox instructing the public on exactly what they should do.
Government workers need to go to the homes of the elderly and infirm to make sure that they have medicine and food and so that they don't have to go out in public.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics