Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you remember a virus or flu that was this bad?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:36 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
They follow their conscience and their daas Torah

Can't be much of a conscience if they're okay with causing the deaths of children.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:37 pm
I know people who got professional advice from their doctors and psak from their Rabbanim and they were still ridiculed, mocked and bashed.
If a big gadol tells someone not to vaccinate (and I’m talking real gedolim, not corner shul rabbis) then everyone else , specifically Jews should have enough respect to accept it and Zip-it.
Instead there was bashing and fighting and demanding they stay isolated -like being quarantined, not allowing them to even attend shul and school.
It was harsh and it was disrespectful and many innocent people felt very helpless and very ridiculed and publicly bashed and ostracized, while they were just following their conscience and their daas Torah.

Now everyone else is getting a taste of that helplessness and what quarantine means.
And there’s no vaccine, with a real reason to be nervous.

I’m not a big person to know the reasons for such happenings.
But it’s very interesting that it happened right after the blown-out-of-proportion measles hype.

I don’t understand. If you get a psak or have a medical reason not to vaccinate does that mean you shouldn’t quarantine? You may be putting someone’s life at risk if not.
I think going agains that is the same as someone with covid-19 exposure leaving quarantine.
That is a great example you just gave of how those who don’t vaccinate should behave.

How would you feel if someone with covid-19 exposure skipped quarantine and came to visit you? Maybe that’s how everyone else feels.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:40 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I don’t understand. If you get a psak or have a medical reason not to vaccinate does that mean you shouldn’t quarantine? You may be putting someone’s life at risk if not.
I think going agains that is the same as someone with covid-19 exposure leaving quarantine.
That is a great example you just gave of how those who don’t vaccinate should behave.

How would you feel if someone with covid-19 exposure skipped quarantine and came to visit you? Maybe that’s how everyone else feels.

I agree, if someone is sick they should stay home. For sure.
I’m talking about the bashing of the healthy.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:50 pm
I agree, if someone is sick they should stay home. For sure.
I’m talking about the bashing of the healthy.

If measles is going around and you don’t have a vaccine you don’t leave your house. No exceptions.
Leaving the house during a measles outbreak puts immunocompromised people at risk.
I don’t see a difference between that and this.
The only reason ppl are quarantining now is to protect others. Not themselves. They don’t necessarily have the virus. They feel fine and yet they are making sacrifices to protect others.

turca

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:51 pm
Don’t jump to conclusions.
I actually did vaccinate.
But I respect those who don’t if they aren’t just being negligent and they are truly concerned for their children.
They follow their conscience and their daas Torah who paskened that it’s ok and fair to them and to everyone else and I’m not afraid to be near them or have their children attend our schools and Shuls.

Off topic:
If you don’t vaccinate and there is an outbreak, stay home!
By supporting people that don’t vaccinate to not stay home while there is an outbreak, you are as bad as them!
Who wants to spread diseases?????
If there is quarantine due to corona, everybody stays home!
You think this is happening because anti vax were blamed??? maybe it’s happening because they have to learn how to stay home. And we all have to go through it in order to educate this people. Do we know Hashems cheshbonot???!

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:53 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
You couldn't catch HIV like this. Needed to be specific behaviors involving bodily fluids ex. blood transfusion etc. Whats going on now is surreal.

Same with Ebola. While it’s much deadlier it doesn’t spread as easily.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:01 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
You couldn't catch HIV like this. Needed to be specific behaviors involving bodily fluids ex. blood transfusion etc. Whats going on now is surreal.

We know that now. But when HIV first appeared, it wasn't immediately obvious how the disease was spread. So there was a certain panic.

But yes, what's happening now is very frightening.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:07 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
If measles is going around and you don’t have a vaccine you don’t leave your house. No exceptions.
Leaving the house during a measles outbreak puts immunocompromised people at risk.

I don’t know about you but where I live only the sick and those who were potentially exposed are staying quarantined.
Not all humans who aren’t vaccinated against Corona.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:42 am
Amother yellow, I agree with you 100% but Imamother is heavily pro-vax and can't even comprehend what you're saying, let alone agree or disagree respectfully. You are now ostracized as an anti-vaxxer for daring to say that there's any similiarity between the two outbreaks. I already tried on another thread and it's like Banging head .
I too vaccinated, but I have many friends and family who don't/didn't. They self-quarantined when they knew they or their kids were exposed (we had a family chasuna a year ago which was half-empty because many unvaccinated people were exposed over Purim and they didn't come) but society called them murderers because they didn't self-quarantine the entire time since November.

Somene asked a relative of mine ' what do the antivaxxers say now?' and he replied, ' well what do the provaxxers say? no vaccine to save you this time, no antivaxxers to blame. ' I guess it's a wake up call that we only have hashem to rely on and to blame.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:45 am
It’s interesting that the anti-vaxxers (all amother as usual) seem almost gleeful about the coronavirus. It’s disturbing.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:57 am
dancingqueen wrote:
It’s interesting that the anti-vaxxers (all amother as usual) seem almost gleeful about the coronavirus. It’s disturbing.

we feel vindicated

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:01 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
we feel vindicated

How? That ppl are taking this more seriously then non vaxxers did?
That ppl are self quarantining to protect others?
I actually think this makes non vaxxers look even worse.

The measles situation would have never spread had ppl self quarantined correctly. It would have ended much faster. Instead it dragged out for months. Had ppl quarantined properly that never would have happened.
It just shows how selfish non cancers were they couldn’t behave how ppl are behaving now.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:02 am
I don’t know about you but where I live only the sick and those who were potentially exposed are staying quarantined.
Not all humans who aren’t vaccinated against Corona.

People are only going out as necessary. They are avoiding large crowds. Schools are closed. In Bergen County, men are not davening with a minyan. If we need to use public transit, we are being urged to shift work hours to reduce rush hour crowding.

And everyone with known exposure is self-quarantining.

But you're right. Its not enough. We need to shut down still more to flatten the curve so as not to overwhelm our health care system.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:07 am
we feel vindicated

Why?

lilies

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:08 am
dancingqueen wrote:

Not surprised in the least.

lilies

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:11 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Why?

Their logic is twisted.
The ones who vax try to avoid this scenario, when they can't avoid it it's just hysterical.
The ones who don't vax don't get fazed by this at all. For now. Wink

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:42 am
lilies wrote:
Their logic is twisted.
The ones who vax try to avoid this scenario, when they can't avoid it it's just hysterical.
The ones who don't vax don't get fazed by this at all. For now. Wink

Only for you it's allowed to be hysterical but for antivaxxers it's considered disturbing that they find it funny? Now that's funny!

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:43 am
Only for you it's allowed to be hysterical but for antivaxxers it's considered disturbing that they find it funny? Now that's funny!

"Hysterical" and "funny" are not at all synonymous.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
"Hysterical" and "funny" are not at all synonymous.

I don't know how lilies meant to use the word hysterical, if she meant it as resulting in hysteria or as in very very funny. from her context I understood the latter, but you are right, if she meant the former.

lilies

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:03 am
I meant both. Was using their logic to explain.
Only 'for now' and the wink don't belong.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics