Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How are Israeli Mothers managing with....
1  2  3  Next

Fave

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:59 pm
The 100 ppl. count max?

Are you disinviting ppl. to weddings?

How strongly will this be enforced?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:10 pm
Small weddings will become the order of the day and 25 years from now, no one will remember how it got that way.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:27 am
We're hosting a Rav candidate for Itamar this Shabbat, and I don't know what the yishuv will do. Have the gabbai do a headcount at minyan? Limit the number of people allowed to come to the shiurim? I doubt they will. It's business as usual here until people start getting hospitalised. Sad

etky

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:57 am
So the shuls were told by the Mara d'Atra last night that minyanim will have to be split.
Waiting to see how that will be implemented.
If no one else comes up with the idea I'm going to suggest a googledoc where people can sign up for various staggered minyanim on a first come first served basis.
Problem is the weather is going to be crazy on Shabbat and I don't think davening outside will be an option, which is limiting. So not sure how many minyanim within the building will be feasible- we are a very large shul in terms of membership. Don't know too if it's allowed to have 2 minyanim going simultaneously on both floors.
Some women are already concerned that they will be told not to come cause there is no inyan for them to daven in a tzibur whereas for the men it's different.
We'll wait and see.
I'm not planning on going anyway to be honest. Maybe next week if the weather is nice and there can be an outside minyan....

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:07 am
I'm so jealous I told dh I wish we could have had a 100 guest limit.
Just the guests were 300 and I didn't care for a single one of them. No one bothered asking the kallah if she even wants a big wedding.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:11 am
I feel bad for people with large events scheduled, this must be very hard for them. But I must say that I am deeply impressed with the way Israel has handled this - it is a direct reflection of our value that life comes before all. None of this "it only affects the elderly". even if its absolutely terrible for the economy, Israel is doing everything they can to slow this virus down and protect the lives of its citizens and I really hope all residents follow the quarantine and other guidelines set in place.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:17 am
I don't really know why 100 is the magic number. What are they hoping to accomplish with this?

etky

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:23 am
Rappel wrote:
I don't really know why 100 is the magic number. What are they hoping to accomplish with this?

It's arbitrary but the principle is to prevent mass contagion at any one event.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:23 am
Rappel wrote:

That way, if one person is found to have the virus and they have to quarantine everyone else who was in the same room as this person, only 100 people (as opposed to hundreds or thousands) are impacted.

Why 100 and not 135 or 87 or 93? Because it's easy to remember and reasonable.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:25 am
Rappel wrote:

“Social distancing involves minimizing exposure to infected individuals by avoiding large public gathering venues, adhering to spacing requirements in the workplace, and following proper personal hygiene practices,” advises the University of Chicago’s Emergency Management Program.

“For an individual, it refers to maintaining enough distance between yourself and another person to reduce the risk of breathing in droplets that are produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes,” according to Harvard Medical School. “In a community, social distancing measures may include limiting or cancelling large gatherings of people.”

when events are too crowded social distancing becomes impossible. I found a few models showing that this has proven to be dramatically effective in terms of spreading the virus

twizzlers1

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:52 am
Our shul asked for women not to come and they would use the women section to keep everyone separate. If they still have too many they have a basement simcha hall to use. I feel so bad for anyone making a simcha now. 100 people is not a very big crowd.

lech lecha08

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:53 am
DD's classmate is supposed to have a bat mitzva tonight. The hall basically cancelled on the parents. I'm not sure why they didn't uninvite people who aren't close relatives and the girl''s friends to get it under 100.
The rav of our shul made a big kiddush for his twin son's bar mitzva this past Shabbat. All I could think was, there are so many people here. It would be crazy if someone was sick and everyone had to go into quarantine

essie14

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 4:52 am
We did not go to shul on Purim and we are not going this shabbat. DH's coworker went to shul last week and was exposed and he's in quarantine now.

rzab

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 4:57 am
I was uninvited to a Simcha for Sunday. They wrote a very nice email explaining that they wish we could join in the celebrations but they can't have more then a hundred ppl.
I have a feeling that's the common approach.

There was supposed to be a big shiur with a chashuv guest speaker next week I our shul. The shul sent a message that they will have a sign up for the first 99 ppl and for everyone else they will live stream it on line.

Since the goal is to keep ppl safe, I think ppl are being understanding about it....

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:03 am
Our yishuv rav has said that they will be implementing smaller minyanim in people's homes and smaller ones in shul(not sure how it will be implemented and who will get to actually daven in shul).
My daughter had a bat mitzvah last night where the bat mitzvah girl's friends were there for the entire simcha but then the parent's friends were there in the beginning and then left and the extended family came so that the 100 people limit was kept.
She has one bat mitzva next week cancelled already.
I really hope people are going to be keeping to this. We want to keep the casualty rate DOWN.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:51 am
The Beis Medrashes in the yeshivos are full as usual with more than 100 people.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:31 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:

I was wondering what places like the Mir will do.

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:14 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:

"מוסדות החינוך (למעט מוסדות אקדמיים) ומקומות עבודה יכולים להמשיך לפעול בהתאם להוראות משרד הבריאות והמשרדים הרלבנטיים.
"

https://www.health.gov.il/News......aspx

someone

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:48 am
There was a big meeting this morning between people from the Ministry of Health and representatives of the various yeshiva organizations (both chareidi and DL). Following the meeting they will publish guidelines for the yeshviot as to how to deal with this situation. At least that's what I read somewhere.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:49 am
My sons' yeshiva is splitting up their minyan into smaller minyanim in order to comply with regulations.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics