Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How are Israeli Mothers managing with....
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:10 am
The Mir set up 100 seats in the dining hall and let people rotate in for lunch, 100 inside at a time. I guess one could get his lunch then eat outside.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:46 am
Now they are talking about closing schools. Disaster for the workforce.

Shuly

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:03 am
The Mir made a big announcement today that they are opening upa bunch of small batei medrashim in America and live-streaming the shiurim so boys can leave and still continue learning.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:36 pm
Rappel wrote:
I don't really know why 100 is the magic number. What are they hoping to accomplish with this?

100 sounded good to somebody at the top. It's not scientifically based or anything like that. 90 or 110 doesn't have the same kling to it. 100 sounds just right to a nation of terrified people who expect the government to do something to save them. As to how the government will enforce it, who only knows which draconian measures they'll think of. But don't worry, the press will tell and retell horrible tales related to corona virus to panick people into following along.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:39 pm
I wish the schools would try to come up with creative solutions (staggering the kids during the week, etc.) instead of just closing.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:43 pm
My boys came home from cheder with a paper to sign. DH read and signed it, but it said that the boys have to wash with soap (yay they bought soap!) after hafsaka, before eating, after the bathroom. They also bought tissues. The rebbes taught them how to wash and warned them against wasting tissues, water and soap.

Success10

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:52 pm
They are seriously talking about closing schools! How can I get Pesach done like that? And I work from home, so all my income is gone...

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:55 pm
Iymnok wrote:
My boys came home from cheder with a paper to sign. DH read and signed it, but it said that the boys have to wash with soap (yay they bought soap!) after hafsaka, before eating, after the bathroom. They also bought tissues. The rebbes taught them how to wash and warned them against wasting tissues, water and soap.

You know, something good may yet come out of all of this LOL hygiene is no bad thing.

elisheva25

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:59 pm
I just heard they closed all schools in Israel is that true ?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:01 pm
Unofficially.

keym

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:02 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Unofficially.

What does that mean?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:03 pm
keym wrote:
What does that mean?

That school is canceled but the announcement wasn’t made yet.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:04 pm
I’m open to all non-screen suggestions for children 2-12 Who will be home for at least 5 weeks.

elisheva25

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:07 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I’m open to all non-screen suggestions for children 2-12 Who will be home for at least 5 weeks.

Take kids walking , every morning .

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:32 pm
Iymnok wrote:

Kindergartens are still open. Only from kita alef.

Does that mean we keep them home tomorrow? Is it in effect immediately?

etky

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:33 pm
So it is official now. But I think that for the time being nursery + kindergarten and also daycare centers + special ed are remaining open.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:59 pm
Can my girls get their siddurim? They leave them in the classroom during the week.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:03 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Can my girls get their siddurim? They leave them in the classroom during the week.

My daughter dorms. They’ve been off since Sunday, I guess they’re going to have let the girls go back to pick up their stuff.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:18 pm
How will kindergartens remain open? What will the ganenets do with their kids if schools are closed but they are supposed to work?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:28 pm
Chayalle wrote:
How will kindergartens remain open? What will the ganenets do with their kids if schools are closed but they are supposed to work?
This is going to affect anyone who has little kids that wont have school but the adults still have to work. This is going to become a nightmare for many people/families.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics