Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How are Israeli Mothers managing with....
Previous  1  2  3

ora_43

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:37 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I’m open to all non-screen suggestions for children 2-12 Who will be home for at least 5 weeks.

Are screens completely out, or only TV/games? I've been getting a ton of ads for online learning for kids, and I'm thinking of buying a couple of the programs. My older kids might learn computer skills or graphics on udemy, something like that. Reading Raven for the youngest, to work on her English reading.

Honestly, my hope is to keep them learning at least part of the day. And to get in an exercise hour, because otherwise they'll go nuts. Other than that: cooking/baking projects, art projects, learning to do fancy hairstyles, reading (it's just a shame they closed all the libraries...). Loooong bathtimes for the youngest. Maybe in the beginning when I'm still optimistic, I'll try to get them to help me paint a couple bedrooms.

(People were talking about stocking up on food today, and I was thinking - why food? If we might be stuck at home with the kids for two weeks, I'm stocking up on crayons and colored paper...)

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:07 pm
We are making a nice amazon order. It usually gets here in about a week. DH is taking the big girls to Geula for yomtov dresses since all the girls will be home we need to get stuff before the big rush.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:10 pm
The Jerusalem Post was reporting that we should expect delays in deliveries from Amazon and Next. Most of it comes in on commercial flights but for some reason they are also being affected.

etky

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:29 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
This is going to affect anyone who has little kids that wont have school but the adults still have to work. This is going to become a nightmare for many people/families.

Yes, but come to think about it, it's really no different than a teachers' strike and we've had plenty of those in the past. Even really long ones.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:25 pm
Belgium just ordered all lessons cancelled till april 3. then it will anyway be spring passover vacation for 2weeks!!!help what will I do with them?????

SacN

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 7:31 am
My kids are off school and I'm starting a new job Monday.

Whoopie. It sounds like my on boarding will be remote because the office has over 100 people, while I watch my kids. My husband will trade off days working from home/entertainment also.

It's literally madness. I'm cringing just thinking of the economy. So many people are getting put on unpaid leave. So many self employed people.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:11 am
My 70 year old in laws are worse than my teenagers. They think we are over reacting. My FIL refuses to stop going to shul. They went to a neighbors brit mila yesterday for no good reason.
My DH is literally screaming at them multiple times a day to take care of themselves.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 5:46 pm
Well, as of 8pm tonight (after shabbat) everything non essential in this country, is closing tomorrow. People are being asked to work from home, no gatherings with more than 10 people. Supermarkets, pharmacies, banks will still be open, but otherwise, its home sweet home for the next long while for all of us israeli ladies.
Mazal is needed for us all.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 5:53 pm
Check out www.chinuch.org for ideas to do with kids at home🙄
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics