Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Corona disaster and only two months

Learning

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:36 am
I’m so scared. It’s only two months and my life turned upside down. What do you think will happen this year???? Who is going to die who is going to get really sick c’v??? It’s multiplying in such a quick pace. The world is a complete chaos and it’s only started.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:23 am
It's so nervwracking, especially because of fear of the unknown.
Just practice good hygiene, and leave the great up to hashem.
Have in mind that 90% of cases are OK at home.
And in China, it already peaked and is getting better now. We don't know when our peak will be, but hopefully soon! And then everything will get better.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:49 am
Not to minimize the challenge chas v shalom at the same time
Helps me to think Hashem is Preparing the world to greet Moshiach.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:54 am
There’s a certain liberating feeling when there is NOTHING you can tangibly do to change a situation. When you are totally and completely relying on Hashem and it’s so clear and obvious that this is בידי שמים.

Mayflower

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:25 am
How did your life turn upside down? (Not trying to minimize things, just really curious - are you in Italy or another badly affected region?)

Amalia

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:41 am
Learning wrote:
I’m so scared. It’s only two months and my life turned upside down. What do you think will happen this year???? Who is going to die who is going to get really sick c’v??? It’s multiplying in such a quick pace. The world is a complete chaos and it’s only started.

I know what you mean. I am terrified, too.

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:42 am
We must remember that we cannot suffer an iota more pain than what has been prescribed for us on Rosh Hashana/ Yom Kippur.

I think this is a big wakeup call from Hashem. In recent years we have relied on our new age technology, research and advancements. We kind of felt secure and invincible. We always had a solution to each problem.

Now we are at a loss. None of our new age, cutting-edge technology is helping us.

The one and only thing we have is God. We must keep praying and bettering ourselves. Simultaneously we shall also take whichever precautions we can.

May Hashem watch over us.

Learning

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:53 am
Amalia wrote:
I know what you mean. I am terrified, too.

I’m so scared. My children are out of school and college and some are coming next week. My house is crowded. Dh might need to work from home and I will be really stressed with him at home all the time. I can’t travel to visit my married children. I’m scared to go to any gathering. Everyone is going to be bored and stressed. All of this is nothing compare to the dread of the virus coming our way. It is only the beginning.....

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:59 am
yiddishmom wrote:
We must remember that we cannot suffer an iota more pain than what has been prescribed for us on Rosh Hashana/ Yom Kippur.

I think this is a big wakeup call from Hashem. In recent years we have relied on our new age technology, research and advancements. We kind of felt secure and invincible. We always had a solution to each problem.

Now we are at a loss. None of our new age, cutting-edge technology is helping us.

The one and only thing we have is God. We must keep praying and bettering ourselves. Simultaneously we shall also take whichever precautions we can.

This is a beautiful post. I think we should all print this out and post it on our refrigerators. Every time we get frightened we should read this again.

Thank you!

shanarishona

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:54 pm
I’m going to “follow” this post because it gives me chizuk. I’ve been really anxious. Thank you everyone.

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:34 pm
Just found this https://www.instagram.com/p/B9.....h21u6

sweetdimples

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:39 pm
link is faulty. can you elaborate please?

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:21 pm
yiddishmom wrote:

It's the lesson we failed to learn from the measles outbreak exactly a year ago because instead we chose to blame the anti-vaxxers.

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
It's the lesson we failed to learn from the measles outbreak exactly a year ago because instead we chose to blame the anti-vaxxers.

It's a lesson that we have the opportunity to learn every single day, starting from the moment you are able to open your two eyes in the morning and seeing the world.

But there are obviously more natural/"teva" lessons, and some that are more out of the ordinary. This corona virus is a lot more out of the ordinary than the measles was, and yes, partly because the measles already had a vaccine and was something "old", not new.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

Same applies to people who straight up murder people. You can't stab someone with a knife if it wasn't preordained.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 12:01 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

True.
And chose to disrespect some big prominent daas Torah and Gedolim thinking we’re a whole lot smarter than them.
We should all do teshuva for that.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 6:18 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Same applies to people who straight up murder people. You can't stab someone with a knife if it wasn't preordained.

errr... not quite accurate.
Rabbi Tatz has a fantastic book on Free Will where he explains how man's actions can impact another person's life without it actually being a foregone gezeirah m'shamayim.
It's a complex subject but the book is well worth reading if you're interested in learning more.
Bottom line - we all need (a lot of ) prayers, mazal and the zechuyos gained from doing good deeds to help protect us from other people's actions.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Mar 13 2020, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 7:22 am
It is easy to worry because we have no control. The world is upside down and govts aren't managing. Trusting Hashem is hard when there is concrete worrisome proof before our eyes.

But we can still be proactive and overcome these natural feelings and instincts.
We can do what Jews do in times of trouble.
We should have a Coronavirus- Torah thread- share something you learned!
And a Coronavirus-Tefilah thread- let's split tehillim
And a Coronavirus- Gemilas Chassadim thread- how can we help each other? Practical help or tips or even with just a few kind words.
We can remake Imamother by rising above pettiness and sharing comfort and smiles.
And we can do it with simcha and joy- that even in the virtual invisible world we have so much power and opportunity!
Imagine how amazing that could be if we all came together and united to make Imamother a place where we rise above and be proactive in this distressing time.
Truly moshiachdik.
Who's in?

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:38 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

Absolutely true. If you blame stabbings on the mentally ill or racist people, you are an apikorus who does not believe in Gd. There's a Gd Who determines who will get stabbed, when, where, by whom. Security measures are worthless if Gd so decides.
"אם ה' לא יבנה בית שוא עמלו בוניו בו, אם ה' לא ישמר עיר - שוא שקד שומר"
It's all Him.

We pretend we know, we protect ourselves, we blame those who don't protect us, we kick and scream, cause sinas chinam. It's all Him. We need to do our own hishtadlus and ACCEPT.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics