Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Due in a few weeks. Are hospitals safe?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:26 pm
I am due in a few weeks, technically I can have a baby any day. Are hospitals safe now with the coronavirus cases there? Is it possible they will run out of beds by the time I get there?
All this uncertainty has kept me up for days, full of panic. Dr had no response.
Ny area

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:30 pm
Nobody knows. I was thinking that they won't let any visitors (besides a support person) but it technically can get worse than that. My sister is due in 2.5 weeks and using a Manhattan hospital. I'm worrying right alongside you.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:32 pm
Because no one knows. I assume hypothetically they could set aside one facility for births only. You are not alone. Thousands of (nyc alone )women are due in the next few weeks. I am sure there are discussions behind closed doors brainstorming on this. B'sha'a Tova.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:36 pm
No one knows. Most likely they will set up a separate facility by the time you give birth.

ces

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:44 pm
I have the same concerns, except I'm due next week

ectomorph

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:46 pm
ces wrote:
I have the same concerns, except I'm due next week

Speak to your OB .

We do not know your risk factors.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:47 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Nobody knows. I was thinking that they won't let any visitors (besides a support person) but it technically can get worse than that. My sister is due in 2.5 weeks and using a Manhattan hospital. I'm worrying right alongside you.

My hospital put that policy in yesterday. One one designated support person is allowed in your entire stay. That includes people who are there for pre-term complications.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:47 pm
Due soon too.. Any day homebirth. Rely hoping no need for hospital cuz ya.. Same issue

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:13 pm
I would assume the issue would be medical facilities stretched to breaking point rather than infection since once people are in the hospital it is logistically easier to separate infectious sources.

One hopes it is nothing like Melanie’s birth as Atlanta falls.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:59 pm
I'm worried about this, too, but I'm scheduled for a c-section and I am SCARED.

I'm due after pesach but could have it early...and my first two were C's so this is definitely gonna be a c-section.

HELP!!!

Gerbera

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 12:50 am
Ive been in the hospital with my daughter since Sunday and feel much safer here. I see calm, no panic and plenty of rational thinking ppl. I see complete panic, chaos and hysteria outside.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics