Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
For those with no money, what are you doing??
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

evaeva

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:37 am
Hashem has loads of ways to send you money........
He's just waiting for you to ASK! I know it's not easy but work on believing it and you'll see Hashem is very creative. Thank Him for everything and you will see miracles Gauranteed!

Last edited by evaeva on Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:39 am
We lived and stil live beyond paycheck to paycheck all year long.
I cannot work for certain reasons. My DH makes peanuts. With a large family, we cannot swing the day to day life ever. Our income is way less than the expenses.
And we still pay our rent and bills which we cannot afford. How? Hashem Yaazor.
Sometimes We've got no choice but need to live with Emunah and pay the bills.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:14 am
evaeva wrote:
He's just waiting for you to ASK! I know it's not easy but work on believing it and you'll see Hashem is very creative. Thank Him for everything and you will see miracles Gauranteed!

That may be true but it's not really the thing to tell someone who is worried about putting food on the table. Someone has to want this advice and then you can give it to them or find it within themselves, otherwise they will just feel unheard.

I also feel like telling people that sometimes and have to remember just empathize don't give solutions.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:26 am
evaeva wrote:

Oh emm geeee!!!
You'd think we're actually sitting and relaxing and expecting money to rain down on us and grow on our money tree.
ASK hashem for the virus to stop, you'll see miracles, guarenteed!!
Are you god that you're guarenteeing miracles???

baby12x

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:26 am
Pandemics and other natural disasters really expose the lack of safety nets that people have.
Many, many people can't just take off weeks without work.

I am lucky enough to have an emergency fund and will hopefully get my tax refund soon but its REALLY not that much money, especially when Pesach on its way.

We're tightening our belts as much as we can (there is not really anything to cut at this point though) and davening very hard that everything will be ok.

Iyh, when this is all over it will definitely give me a new sense of urgency regarding emergency funds and having a very large safety net (obviously its all in Hashem's hands but I will do my hishtadlus).

https://adimesaved.com/coronavirus-emergency

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:28 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
That’s true but it’s also not a good idea to rent a house without the savings for a few months rent..

I'm not the poster your referring to but I'm in the same boat.

Say I dont have saving for a few months. Now what? Dont rent and do what? Live where?

I don't think you realise the reality of people like us who are scraping by.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:35 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Bank Poalim in Israel announced that if you can prove that you are financially affected by corona they will waive the mortgage payments. The rest of the banks will follow. Hopefully if the pressure of mortgages is relieved the landlords will be able to wait for the rent.....

I work remotely but DH tutors students and is part of a band. People have been canceling events left and right and all the american students are cancelling. We are going to have to tighten our belts and dip into our savings....

Exactly. Tzaras rabim chatsi nechama

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:39 am
I own a business and Pesach is our busy season. We put a deposit for a new order right before the outbreak. Now our whole shipment is delayed for the unforeseeable future and our business is suffering.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:48 am
No one is going to totally waive rent and mortgage and student loans and utility bills and tuition.
At the most, they'll just allow 2/3 months of not paying while interest incurs.
So I'll be paying double and triple for months trying to dig myself out of this hole.

And we have worked hard, both of us full time, every day of our life. We make it, but just hand to mouth.

So I'm really asking. Anyone who has a bit, look to give and help. Not necessarily the poor neighbors only. But the neighbors who are just making it but both are out of work because of lockdown. School Bus drivers, Uber, real estate agent, playgroup Morah and babysitters, PT, OT, Speech, special education teacher, mechanic.
So many people who get paid per diem and not salaries.

I see a tremendous amount of condescension towards those who are freaking out about the lockdown.

We are not being irresponsible. Just terrified of eviction. Of not having matza. Of electricity being turned off, just because our careers are not able to be done remotely.

It's not that I don't want to be home with my kids and spend time with them. If you handed me $5000, there is nothing I would rather more than staying home all day, playing with my kids. So get off your high horse.

Or look and do the tremendous Chessed. Help your neighbors, friends, sisters not drown in a financial pit because of quarantine and lockdown.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:08 am
It's so hard !! while I wish I had a real emergency fund we don't . I babysit for a living and get paid hourly but if parents have there older kids home even if I work they won't for sure send. I can't imagine what will happen if we are off till pesach then off 2 weeks for pesach ( schools already closed where I am ) I don't know how I will afford yomtov. I am really good with my budget and keeping cost down but no money is no money. Bh my husband work should be fine so at least for that .but I am completely stressed out about it all !! I work so hard to stay afloat I don't really get any help and am a careful shopper but when thing are running out for who knows what reason then I can't be as choosey. It's all in hashem hands that's how I have to think right now it will all work at someway

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:51 am
https://www.jewishpress.com/ne.....3/12/

Librarian

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:55 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I'm also very worried about this. The only thing I'm stocking up on is formula for my baby. Chas v'shalom if it comes to a bad point, I won't pay rent this month. Hopefully the landlord will understand.

Plenty of home owners live paycheck to paycheck. If you can't pay, you can't pay. But that doesn't make it okay. Even if your landlord doesn't need the money.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
It's so hard !! while I wish I had a real emergency fund we don't . I babysit for a living and get paid hourly but if parents have there older kids home even if I work they won't for sure send. I can't imagine what will happen if we are off till pesach then off 2 weeks for pesach ( schools already closed where I am ) I don't know how I will afford yomtov. I am really good with my budget and keeping cost down but no money is no money. Bh my husband work should be fine so at least for that .but I am completely stressed out about it all !! I work so hard to stay afloat I don't really get any help and am a careful shopper but when thing are running out for who knows what reason then I can't be as choosey. It's all in hashem hands that's how I have to think right now it will all work at someway

In my community, there is definitely demand for babysitting, even if not group babysitting. I will be paying babysitters to come to my house to babysit my kids while I work from home.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
In my community, there is definitely demand for babysitting, even if not group babysitting. I will be paying babysitters to come to my house to babysit my kids while I work from home.

If another purple has to bring 5 kids of her own, because they're out of school, it's not so likely that you would want her, so the cycle continues.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:12 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
If another purple has to bring 5 kids of her own, because they're out of school, it's not so likely that you would want her, so the cycle continues.

It could be an obstacle. But for some it would not. I don't know her exact situation, how many kids she has or how old they are. My point was, that there will still be parents who need childcare, either in their homes or in a provider's home, but not necessarily in a large group setting.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:34 am
I had two small jobs that brought me in a few extra shekels a month, just enough to cover the utilites and some basic food.

One of those jobs was babysitting, and the other was cooking for an elderly couple.

I've been sick for 3 weeks now, and confined to home. I'm afraid that my babysitting job will find a replacement for me, and I'll have to start looking for work all over again.

This would be an ideal time for me, because I would pick up SO many new jobs. I could be as picky as I wanted to be, but instead I'm stuck here doing a whole bunch of nothing. Sad

If it weren't for the neighbors leaving food on my back stairs, I would starve to death.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:40 am
I'm a single parent and I'm the only source of income since I don't get money from my ex. I need to stay home with my kids since there is no one else to watch them. I hope this isn't long term and doesn't extend to a few months. For now it's just the next month but I'm worried that after pesach they will extend schools closing with so the transmission happening from ppl traveling over spring break and pesach.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:49 am
Why are so many kids home from school?
Which schools are closed? I heard of a handful only!
None yet in bp!

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:51 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

Yes but that almost defeat the point of isolating everyone at this point I'm only sticking to the regular kids who has been in my home and around me anyway I have a very small group. But if it comes from my state then I will have to shut down.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:54 am
thanks wrote:
Why is a songraphers hours cut? Doesn't everyone still need the medical care?

I assume a lot of sonography patients don't have acute conditions and can postpone their visits for a few weeks.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics