Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Prepaid credit card/ gift card in amount greater than $500

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:40 pm
I have been saving up a long time to buy my husband an expensive gift. Since he manages the finances I would like to arrange this gift independently. It's something I can only get online so I would need a credit card. But the prepaid credit cards in the drugstore all have a maximum amount of $500, and this gift is approximately $650. Is there a way to obtain a prepaid gift card in that amount?

simba

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:42 pm
I don't believe it's possible. The max is $500. Get two cards and pay with both of them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:45 pm
simba wrote:
I don't believe it's possible. The max is $500. Get two cards and pay with both of them.

But how do I do that when paying online? I've never seen a shopping website that offers the option of entering two credit cards to be used simultaneously.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:46 pm
Call in the order. Most online sites have a phone number.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:10 pm
Ask a relative or friend if you can use their credit/debit card and give them the cash. I've done it for my sister & sister n law.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:11 pm
Thanks all

trixx

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:13 pm
I would just give him the cash. Most prepaid have activation fees where you lose a percentage. And personally I use rebates sites for cash back and I would want even 1% back on a $650 purchase (not by calling) plus I would want to put that on a cc and make some points - some cc get more points depending on the site. Im just saying, since you said you dont do finances, you dont know what cheshbonos he might have. Print out a picture of the item, put in an envelope with cash and a nice note that says "this one is on me" (with exp date if you think he won't get around to it)
Edit I wrote this all with the understanding that you were giving him the cards, now I realize you want to purchase it yourself without him knowing. I'd still do the above tbh

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:15 pm
Get a reloadable visa gift card.
The cash loaf limit is $500 per DAY so you just have to load it over 2 days.

Walmart also has a prepaid card.

What a nice idea!

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics