Home

RVP was negative. now what?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:29 pm
my child had fever and runny nose, slight cough. we went to the doctor* and they swabbed her nose and the panel came back negative. they didn't test for covid-19. am I supposed to be concerned now?

*they had us come in from a back door and drs and nurses gowned/masked up when they came into the room and we weren't allowed to go to the front of the office!
Back to top

amother




Red
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:32 pm
Why did they go to all that trouble masks/gowns if they didn't even test for covid 19??
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:35 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Why did they go to all that trouble masks/gowns if they didn't even test for covid 19??

lol! good question. but I guess just not to spread to other patients? dunno! but I do know that they don't have the kits for it there yet.
there was another kid there that tested positive for flu & 2 coronavirus strains all at once, poor kid Sad (not covid-19)
Back to top

amother




Orange
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
lol! good question. but I guess just not to spread to other patients? dunno! but I do know that they don't have the kits for it there yet.
there was another kid there that tested positive for flu & 2 coronavirus strains all at once, poor kid Sad (not covid-19)


where was this?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:52 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
where was this?

In NYC
Back to top

Just One




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:03 am
I'm coming down with my seasonal allergies now and even though I know that's what it is I still freaked out at that first sneeze. Turns it when I was researching the symptoms that the best way to differentiate between this coronavirus and seasonal allergies / the many other viruses that go around winter time is that runny nose and sneezing is actually not a common symptom. Only 5% of infected patients in Wuhan had nasal congestion. This is a virus that mostly infects lower down in the respiratory track, hence pnemonia as a common side affect. So I would say your daughters symptoms don't point to corona. We've all just gotta take a deep breath and remember those colds/allergies of yesterday past... They all haven't just magically disappeared now that there's a new player in town
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:22 am
Just One wrote:
I'm coming down with my seasonal allergies now and even though I know that's what it is I still freaked out at that first sneeze. Turns it when I was researching the symptoms that the best way to differentiate between this coronavirus and seasonal allergies / the many other viruses that go around winter time is that runny nose and sneezing is actually not a common symptom. Only 5% of infected patients in Wuhan had nasal congestion. This is a virus that mostly infects lower down in the respiratory track, hence pnemonia as a common side affect. So I would say your daughters symptoms don't point to corona. We've all just gotta take a deep breath and remember those colds/allergies of yesterday past... They all haven't just magically disappeared now that there's a new player in town

Not allergies. And definitely a virus. Of course there are more respiratory viruses that aren’t tested for, but with this whole hype going on I’m speculating if it’s potentially covid-19, and how does that change things for us as a family?
Back to top

Just One




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Mar 13 2020, 2:28 am
But if a main symptom is nasal congestion it probably isn't that.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:00 am
Just One wrote:
But if a main symptom is nasal congestion it probably isn't that.
isn’t main symptom
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Ds w ADHD really negative reaction to 2 stimulants pls help!
by amother
21 Wed, Jul 01 2020, 10:36 pm View last post
I See Only The Negative
by amother
14 Thu, May 21 2020, 4:35 pm View last post
Will this have a lasting negative impact on our teens?
by amother
4 Sun, May 10 2020, 1:21 am View last post
Corona test negative
by amother
4 Fri, Apr 24 2020, 12:16 pm View last post
Does Mostly Music delete neutral or negative reviews?
by amother
0 Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:19 pm View last post

Jump to: