Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Looking for an IT (computers) training course in Israel

groisamomma

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 6:59 am
Similar to the COPE courses in Brooklyn for a man looking to go into the field of computers. If you know of any such thing, please post or PM me.

Thanks!

Last edited by groisamomma on Fri, Mar 13 2020, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:44 am
No idea sorry!!🖥️💻🖥️💻💻💻💻🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️💻🖥️💻💻

groisamomma

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:00 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Similar to the COPE courses in Brooklyn for a man looking to go into the field of computers. If you know of any such thing, please post or PM me.

Thanks!

Bump

ora_43

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 1:19 pm
What's his background? If he has good test scores there are places like Matrix and Infinitylabs that will offer training for free.

Also, where in Israel, is he looking for in-person or online, and does he have a specific field of interest? Eg big data, app creating, basic programming.

eta: sorry for all the questions, I don't know what COPE is so am trying to get a sense of what here might be similar. in terms of content, goals, tuition, etc.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 4:50 pm
If he's looking to do it now, on line is the 9nly option.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 5:29 pm
groisamomma wrote:

Thanks!
Seeing as ALL schools and any other non essential things are being closed as of tomorrow morning, I think he has to either wait until this passes or anything online will work.
Good luck (and good health)

salt

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:39 am
There used to be "John Bryce" courses, almost certain it's still around. Google it. I've done several courses by them, through my work. But you can also apply independently, I'm pretty sure.

I'm assuming you're at the looking for options stage, not about to begin tomorrow, because as previous posters have said, all colleges are closed at the moment.
But it's a good time to look around for a next year/ next semester start.

mochamix18

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:51 am
salt wrote:
There used to be "John Bryce" courses, almost certain it's still around. Google it. I've done several courses by them, through my work. But you can also apply independently, I'm pretty sure.

I'm assuming you're at the looking for options stage, not about to begin tomorrow, because as previous posters have said, all colleges are closed at the moment.
But it's a good time to look around for a next year/ next semester start.

Asked my husband and John Bryce courses still exist (although of course as everyone else stated, nothing is opened now). If he is hareidi (you mentioned COPE), he can contact Merkaz Kivun 02-645-6222 or go to kivun.org.il and they will direct him to an appropriate program and get him financial assistance if possible. Hatzlacha rabah

ora_43

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:09 am
What about getting started now with Udemy or something similar? Since, as previous posters said, everything is shut down anyway.

There are plenty of courses in the 40-60 shekel range that could get him started. Worst case scenario, he later takes a more comprehensive boot camp type course and finds it easier than he would have otherwise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions