Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Looking forward...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:45 am
No, I am not looking forward to this virus hitting my side of the globe.
No, I am not looking forward to people chas vesholom getting sick.
Not looking forward to shortages of basic necessities or to people being unemployed.

But a little tiny part inside of me is looking forward to being quarantined at home. (Without the actual illness being here...) looking forward to being home with my yummy kids, not rushing out in the morning. I’m imagining lazy morning in bed. Drinking hot cocoa. Teaching them things I want them to know. Hopefully getting some pesach cleaning done. Just looking forward for this rat race to slow down for a week or two.

Am I alone in this?

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:47 am
I posted this same thing on another thread and I was attacked.

I'm with you. I don't think I'll mind it at all. But I do feel bad for those living in small city apartments. We BH have a house with a large backyard. I would not confine myself to four walls. We would also go in the car to large outdoor spaces.

The kids would do some online learning, probably over the phone too. We'd make a schedule and I would get to do the homeschooling I would love to do but can't cuz I need to work and it's not socially accepted here. Yay!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:57 am
Exactly. Obviously I wouldn’t choose this situation for the world. But for me this seems like the silver lining.

boots

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:29 am
If you feel that way maybe homeschooling is better for you. Why not live your best life while everyone is healthy and things are good?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:23 am
boots wrote:
If you feel that way maybe homeschooling is better for you. Why not live your best life while everyone is healthy and things are good?

Not as a permanent situation. I need the money from work. I would also make a terrible stay at home mom. Work keeps my sanity intact. My kids need the social interaction of school.
This just might be a temporary staycation, a time to bond, a break from the everyday rush.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:39 am
You sound just like me,
I wouldn’t dare say this out loud.

Would love to do exactly what you said.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 11:01 am
I think this is an important thread. May I suggest that anyone who can't see things like OP and the other posters start a spinoff.
And maybe threads like this should be in Safe Haven Wink (or is it Twisted Evil )

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 11:11 am
Yes! I'm waiting for my boss to say that we should stay home. I'll stay home with baby, cuddle with him, nurse him on demand, spend more time with hubby, and get to finish all those extra projects that I never have time for like sorting pics and printing albums.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 11:24 am
If I had the extra money and it was not so close to yomtov I would probably be more ok with it as long as no one got sick to just be home with my family but... . The stress of falling behind financially and not sure how I will pay for yomtov even though I always do it as cheap as I can is really hard and the idea that people I love can get sick and not make it .. or even if a mom gets sick even if it's just a flu taking care of family when no one can help being quarantine us not fun sounding
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics