Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israeli weather in February

amother

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 7:29 pm
I'll be in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Tsfat in February and was wondering what to bring clothes wise. I know the temperature range, but do we need coats and is it very rainy still in February?

mali

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 7:31 pm
cooooooooooolllllllllllld, bring winter clothes, but expect pretty comfortable weather in the Tel Aviv area.

As far as rain is concerned, we're certainly hopeful Adar will make up for the relatively dry winter we've had so far.

mimivan

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 11:23 pm
Yes, bring your umbrellas. Hopefully it will be a segulah for RAIN!

Tamiri

Post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 12:54 am
Last night on the way home from Jlm, it was in the high 30s, low 40s at 11 pm. It's cold there because of the altitude, wind and rain but it's nothing like getting down to 0 in the Eastern U.S. I was with a friend from NJ and kept asking her: is it colder there, is it colder there - after 5 years I just don't remember. She looked at me like I was insane, and reminded me of the bone chilling cold in the winters in NJ.
Tel Aviv is much mildern. Tzfast is prob the same. I would suggest layers, not one big bulky coat. Especially if you are going to be walking, it's easier with a few layers, and peeling them off as needed.

hila

Post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 1:25 am
Jerusalem and Tsfat - you will need a coat - unless it is freaky warm. Right now we are davening really hard for rain. And that means cold too.

Lots of it forecast BH for the next week or so.

So plan some indoor stuff.

Why amother for this. Be proud and happy you will be in Eretz hakodesh. Some other imamothers might even brave the cold for a meetup ! (if you wanted)

Enjoy the trip !

mimivan

Post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 1:34 am
Great idea about the meetup, Hila

one thing I'll add sometimes it is colder inside than outside. I don't know if you are staying with friends or in a hotel. Obviously hotels will be heated well, but not so many homes have central heating and many are designed to keep out the heat (this is for summer convenience)

I often need to wear bulky sweaters inside my apartment. So don't be surprised if you have to dress warmly indoors.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics