Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I want my money back
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:43 am
Is there any way you can work? Even though they are off?

Husband can shift his hours earlier or later so you both get to work? Younger child go to work with you? What's the situation?

Do you feel your school doesn't provide an education worth the 25k? Do you think they won't be reasonable if this goes on a long time?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Be grateful you live in NY. This is the going rate for many people. And I don’t send to a fancy school.

Oy, I'm crying for you.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Teenagers cost money! Hello!! Extra money that comes from where? Oh, wait, it should come from the tuition checks I gave them for these two months.

Teenagers should be offering free babysitting. I would really hope that’s the chinuch they are receiving.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Teenagers cost money! Hello!! Extra money that comes from where? Oh, wait, it should come from the tuition checks I gave them for these two months.

If you have teenagers that are out of school, why in the world aren't you going to work if your office isn't closed??? Teens should be able to fend for themselves and their little siblings for the day.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:55 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Teenagers should be offering free babysitting. I would really hope that’s the chinuch they are receiving.

They have their own families' to help out first.

watergirl

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

That was implied. If someone has teenagers like OP does, then they should be home watching her other kids so she can go to work.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:03 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
If you have teenagers that are out of school, why in the world aren't you going to work if your office isn't closed??? Teens should be able to fend for themselves and their little siblings for the day.

...My 12 year old son should watch everyone today? All day? Really?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:09 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

Not all do.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You said "teenagers cost money" implying that you have teenagers.
A 12 year old isn't a teen.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

12 is different than 17, but if I had a 17 year old you bet I would have them watch the kids so I could go to work. A 12 year old, no way.

Bottom line is, this is an unprecedented situation for everyone. Everyone has a point. Everyone has a side. Everyone needs to get paid to pay the bills. Utility companies, banks, insurance companies, etc. etc. need to get paid to keep running. We need them to stay running so we can survive. It's a circle, and almost no one is immune.

I don't know what the answer is, I just know that it's not so simple to say the schools can just hand out refunds. But of course, it's not simple to expect parents to pay tuition when they have no income.

I feel for you, OP. I feel for them. You are not alone.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:21 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
You said "teenagers cost money" implying that you have teenagers.
A 12 year old isn't a teen.

Someone told me to get a teenager to watch my kids. I wrote that hiring these teenagers would cost money. I'm not sure where someone decided I have lots of teenagers that can watch my children.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:33 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Are they in Harvard? Or the very least Yale?
Seriously now, I’d love to see what kind of education these kids get to warrant such tuition.

I know, right???? It's insane!!! It's a firmly yeshivish education, I doubt my kids could pass the regents. I wish we had them here!

small bean

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:41 am
Do you have any friends who stat home with their kids who can watch yours?

If this was going on by me, I would take people's kids who need to go to work.

gdgirl

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:47 am
[quote="small bean"]Do you have any friends who stat home with their kids who can watch yours?

If this was going on by me, I would take people's kids who need to go to work.[/quote
Doesnt that defeat the purpose of quarantine if you are mixing with other families??

Batsheva1

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Are they in Harvard? Or the very least Yale?
Seriously now, I’d love to see what kind of education these kids get to warrant such tuition.
I'm guessing they are the Bergen County schools. And, yes, they are a fortune but they are excellent schools. Really tops in secular and Judaic. They have amazing resources and pay the teachers decently as well, relative to other yeshivas. By the way, Harvard and Yale are upwards of $60,000 a year and graduate school close to $100,000 a year.

small bean

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:04 am
[quote="gdgirl"]
small bean wrote:
Do you have any friends who stat home with their kids who can watch yours?

If this was going on by me, I would take people's kids who need to go to work.[/quote
Doesnt that defeat the purpose of quarantine if you are mixing with other families??

The kids don't need to be in quarantine. Unless they are sick. I would have no issue with it and I think any rational person would be fine with it as well.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:06 am
Batsheva1 wrote:
I'm guessing they are the Bergen County schools. And, yes, they are a fortune but they are excellent schools. Really tops in secular and Judaic. They have amazing resources and pay the teachers decently as well, relative to other yeshivas. By the way, Harvard and Yale are upwards of $60,000 a year and graduate school close to $100,000 a year.

You would guess wrong.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:21 am
groovy1224 wrote:
12 is different than 17, but if I had a 17 year old you bet I would have them watch the kids so I could go to work. A 12 year old, no way.

Bottom line is, this is an unprecedented situation for everyone. Everyone has a point. Everyone has a side. Everyone needs to get paid to pay the bills. Utility companies, banks, insurance companies, etc. etc. need to get paid to keep running. We need them to stay running so we can survive. It's a circle, and almost no one is immune.

I don't know what the answer is, I just know that it's not so simple to say the schools can just hand out refunds. But of course, it's not simple to expect parents to pay tuition when they have no income.

I feel for you, OP. I feel for them. You are not alone.

I think this post needs to be highlighted. We're all confused, we're all unsure how we're going to handle the juggling in the coming weeks, we all feel scared and lost, this is a chance to rally together, to raise each other up. Everyone is going through this chaos in their own way, be gentle and understanding.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:29 am
My kids' teachers are still working, giving classes remotely. So yes, the teachers need to be paid. I agree, though, that tuition should be adjusted, if not now, down the line when they've had a chance to breathe and think of a good way to do it. A lot of other service providers are discounting things for now, everyone is hurting, schools can figure out a way as well.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 11:49 am
I pay $1500 a month to bus 3 kids to school..there is no bus bc they are all at home. They most likely will be home for another 6 weeks..that's 3000$ I didnt benefit from. Tuition..yes..they all have virtual classes.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics