Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
High chair help

TravelHearter

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:30 pm
Looking for advice on what high chair to get
Preferably affordable
Easy to clean
Good support for young baby/ baby that doesn’t have the best neck and head control
Something with a foot rest since I’ve heard kids hate those without
Preferably Aesthetic looking

I’m new at this please help!!

nw11

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 5:18 pm
I'm ver happy with the IKEA one. It's cheap, you can buy as many tables as you want (think meat , milk, pesach), easy to clean and doesn't take up much space. You can buy a soft insert to make it more comfortable. It's easy to take it apart and we have on many occasions taken it along when invited out.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 5:40 pm
I have this one and it's very similar the the ikea one except it has a footrest as well. You can just buy a cheap insert that adds padding for more support.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bebe-.....F1E8K

I used to have the joie mimzy snacker which was much more supportive but it was much harder to clean

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joie-.....AE11A

mom!

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:12 pm
Boon.
Love it!

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:18 pm
mom! wrote:
Boon.
Love it!

I have a boon and love it as well. But op has specific criteria that the boon does not meet. It's not especially affordable. It doesn't have real head or neck support. And the foot rest is small and not very functional.

kenz

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:11 pm
I have the Oribel Cocoon and while not as cheap as Ikea, it's not too pricey. It's excellent for an infant who needs a little extra support - that's actually why I chose this one over the Boon. It leans back in at least 2 different positions and is very comfortable. My baby fell asleep in it several times and all I had to do was put it further back and he was able to sleep in it. The Boon and Ikea, which seem to be the most popular from $$ to very inexpensive, are both not supportive for infants with weak head control.

sky

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:03 am
Phil & ted

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:19 am
Any have any experience with the Joovy Nook?
The ones mentioned above are either too expensive or don’t meat the criteria...

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:23 am
Is Phil and Teds easily cleaned?

lucky14

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:02 am
You want affordable? get the Ikea one. I'm serious. I have two kids. I borrowed a Graco for my first. Had to give it back. Someone loaned me a different one for my second and it did NOT work for her. I LOVED how some of the more expensive models looked but just can not justify paying that price. Can't afford it now. After researching online I decided to go ahead and try the Ikea one. It is perfect. I got the support pillow & pillow cover they sell for it and she fits real snug in there. I thought she would fall/slump over from the lack of shoulder straps but the pillow keeps her in there snug- and she's a smaller baby. It's SUPER easy to clean. Wipes down so easily. I love the design of the tray- she is able to reach all areas of it. She does not seem to mind the lack of footrest at all and if your baby does mind there are "hacks" to make your own makeshift footrest- you can google it. I was not expecting to like this highchair so much at all.

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:04 am
lucky14 wrote:
You want affordable? get the Ikea one. I'm serious. I have two kids. I borrowed a Graco for my first. Had to give it back. Someone loaned me a different one for my second and it did NOT work for her. I LOVED how some of the more expensive models looked but just can not justify paying that price. Can't afford it now. After researching online I decided to go ahead and try the Ikea one. It is perfect. I got the support pillow & pillow cover they sell for it and she fits real snug in there. I thought she would fall/slump over from the lack of shoulder straps but the pillow keeps her in there snug- and she's a smaller baby. It's SUPER easy to clean. Wipes down so easily. I love the design of the tray- she is able to reach all areas of it. She does not seem to mind the lack of footrest at all and if your baby does mind there are "hacks" to make your own makeshift footrest- you can google it. I was not expecting to like this highchair so much at all.

When I tried to get it online they did not sell the support pillow. Maybe if I go into the store but there are no ikeas near me.
Also, is the tray too far away from a small baby? Does food fall in between?

lucky14

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:16 am
TravelHearter wrote:
When I tried to get it online they did not sell the support pillow. Maybe if I go into the store but there are no ikeas near me.
Also, is the tray too far away from a small baby? Does food fall in between?

Are you in the US? I just bought it online last week.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/a.....9748/

I was worried about the tray also being far- from the pictures it looked like that. But with the support pillow it makes her close enough. Some food does fall when she drops it. I will probably get some kind of mat to put on the floor under the highchair (which I'd probably do anyway). I don't feel like that is a big enough negative to not get the chair though. The fact that she can reach the whole tray, which she couldn't do with the design of the one we borrowed, makes me like this one.

snowflake1

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:35 pm
I have same criteria which one did you end up getting

TravelHearter

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:09 pm
I got the ikea one (with the support pillow for when baby was young) and never looked back! Super happy with it!
They say it's hard to get the tray on and off so I never even tried to- I just take my kid in and out. Try it- it's so cheap it's worth it even if you end up getting a different one!

snowflake1

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:59 pm
Thanks I will order the ikea
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics